|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Special moves||Dust Cloud|
|Examine||Well, there's something you don't see everyday.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Attack style||Melee, Magic|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The smoke devil is a level 72 combat Summoning familiar. It appears to be the summoning equivalent of a dust devil. A Summoning level of 61 and a smoke devil pouch are required to summon this creature.
Smoke devil pouch[edit | edit source]
|141 ( 3,525)||16.4
|Goat horn dust|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,398||99 (2,475)||66|
|I can summon a smoke devil familiar with this.|
A smoke devil is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 141 spirit shards, a Crimson charm and Goat horn dust in the inventory. Making the pouch earns 268 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Smoke devil gains 3.1 experience points, and costs 70 Summoning points.
Smoke Devil scroll (Dust Cloud)[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||7 (175)||66|
|A scroll for a smoke devil familiar.|
Smoke Devil scroll (Dust Cloud)s give 3.1 XP to make 10 from a pouch, 3.1 XP per use, and cost 6 special move points.
Dust cloud[edit | edit source]
The Smoke devil's special move, dust cloud, can inflict up to 792 magic damage to an opponent, before ricocheting onto up to 6 random enemies within a reasonable distance.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 May 2020 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Smoke devil's dialogue still refers to its tentacles and hovering, both features it lacks after the graphical update.
- Beezeltrix, one of Pikkupstix's assistants, was involved in an incident with a smoke devil.
- Previously, the Smoke devil has a special right-click ability, Flames, that causes it to instantly attack its opponent with a fire spell, at a cost of 2 Summoning points each time it is used. This has since been turned into a rare occurrence during its basic attack pattern.
- In Old School RuneScape, smoke devils are level 93 slayer monsters which can only be killed when assigned them as a task.