|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Special moves||Electric Lash|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Infobox • Talk page|
- Combat: It has a combat level of 22 and can hit up to 244 damage. Additionally, its Electric Lash scroll can briefly stun an opponent.
- Mining: It provides an +1 boost to damage on ore rocks.
Desert wyrm pouch[edit | edit source]
|45 ( 1,125)||44.8
|Bucket of sand|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||1,397||32 (800)||26|
|I can summon a desert wyrm familiar with this.|
Desert Wyrm pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on an obelisk with 45 spirit shards, a green charm, and a bucket of sand in the inventory. Making the pouch gives 31.2 experience. Using the pouch to summon a Desert wyrm gains 0.4 experience and costs ten Summoning points. If players exchange their Desert Wyrm pouches at Bogrog, they will receive 32 spirit shards per pouch.
One of these pouches is required to progress through the Spirit of Summer quest. The player must summon the familiar and add it to the second disc.
Electric Lash scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||2 (50)||28|
|A scroll for a desert wyrm familiar.|
Electric Lash scroll enables the use of the electric lash special move for a Desert wyrm. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates ten scrolls.
Electric lash[edit | edit source]
Electric lash is the special move for Desert wyrms, which fires a small lightning bolt at the player's opponent and briefly stuns them. Activating this move will cost the player six special move points.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its conversations are references to the British trade unions which will often go on strike. More accurately, it refers to the Scottish trade unions who saw most of their employment opportunities destroyed during the Age of Thatcherism.
- This familiar is used in Spirit of Summer to defeat the Spirit Beast.
- Prior to the Mining & Smithing rework, this familiar had the following abilities:
- Mining: It provides an invisible mining boost of +1. This ability makes the Desert wyrm fairly popular among low level miners. However, this bonus does not help mining rocks above your real level.
- Burrow: It will burrow near a mining rock and find ores up to iron. This is a special right-click ability and thus drains Summoning points each time it is used. This can prove useful for higher level miners when mining iron at a spot where only two rocks surround them, as they can mine the two rocks very quickly, then right click the wyrm and select burrow before the next rock respawns. It should be noted that there must also be a nearby iron rock which the player doesn't mine. Otherwise burrow will not work, or the wyrm may bring up tin or copper from other rocks.
- Despite not being able to burrow anymore, the Desert wyrm pouch still states it could.