|Release||31 March 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Special moves||Ebon Thunder|
|Examine||Made of lava.|
|Life points||Max hit|
1300+ (magic, special move)
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Attack style||Melee, Magic|
|Infobox • Talk page|
A lava titan has the following abilities:
- Firemaking boost: An invisible +10 Firemaking level boost; as the boost is invisible, it does NOT enable players to burn anything beyond what they can do without a boost
- Mining boost: +10 damage to mining rocks
- Ebon thunder: Deals up to 1,300+ magic damage, and can drain an enemy's adrenaline by 10% if they have over 50% adrenaline
- Teleport to the Lava Maze
Interacting with the familiar will give you an option either to chat or to teleport to level 40 wilderness. The teleport to the Lava Maze is very close to the Hobgoblin Mine with its abundance of necrite rock, not to mention the Lava Maze mine to the north with Phasmatite. It is also the fastest way to access the lever to the King Black Dragon's Lair for the 10% damage boost, as well as being the quickest way to the muddy chest.
The lava titan has a 20% chance to use its ebon thunder special attack instead of a standard attack.
They are also commonly used to boost Mining levels to make it easier to mine from Seren stones or in the Living Rock Caverns. Because Firemaking levels are given an invisible +10 boost, a lava titan familiar also decreases the likelihood of a hand cannon exploding.
Lava titan pouch[edit | edit source]
|219 ( 5,475)||7.5
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||5,476||154 (3,850)||85|
|I can summon a lava titan familiar with this.|
Lava titan pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 219 spirit shards, a blue charm and an obsidian charm in the inventory, and 83 Summoning. Making the pouch earns 730.4 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Lava titan gains 8.3 experience points and costs 90 Summoning points.
Ebon Thunder scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||12 (300)||85|
|A scroll for a lava titan familiar.|
Ebon Thunder scroll enables the use of the Ebon Thunder special move for a Lava titan. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Ebon Thunder[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The teleport option on this familiar has been updated to state exactly where the player is going.
- patch 19 April 2011 (Update):
- This familiar's teleport will now display a one-off message warning the player, even if the regular Wilderness warning has been turned off.
- patch 15 March 2011 (Update):
- A warning message has been added to this familiar’s ability to teleport players to the Wilderness.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The lava titan tells a limerick in every one of its conversations.
- In an instance world it is not possible to use the lava titan's teleport, and in the Clan Citadels it is displayed as "Teleport to level 0 Wilderness".
- The Ebon Thunder attack looks very much like Lucien's trademark spell.
- Prior to the Mining & Smithing rework, this familiar had the following ability:
- An invisible +10 Mining level boost
|Characters mentioned in the letters||