|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Abilities||Hunter +5 (invisible)
Gives double experience and yield when harvesting from bushes
|Special moves||Magic Focus|
|Examine||It's just a harmless wee rabbit.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Wolpertingers are level 109 combat Summoning familiars which are part-rabbit, part-wolf. They grant an invisible +5 Hunter level boost. Wolpertingers also double the base experience and yield when harvesting from any bush (grown in a bush patch) in the Farming skill, except for barberry seeds. Their Magic Focus special attack gives a +7 boost to Magic, roughly that of a Magic potion. Their size is also favoured over an arctic bear familiar if hunters do not mind the loss of the extra +2 boost.
Wolpertinger pouch[edit | edit source]
|203 ( 5,075)||20.2
|Raw rabbit, Wolf bones|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||8,172||143 (3,575)||93|
|I can summon a wolpertinger familiar with this.|
Wolpertinger pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 203 spirit shards, a Crimson charm, a raw rabbit, and wolf bones in the inventory, and 92 Summoning. Making the pouch earns 404.8 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a wolpertinger gains 4.6 experience points, and costs 100 Summoning points. This is one of only two pouches that requires 2 tertiary components, the other being an Ice titan pouch.
Magic Focus scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||11 (275)||93|
|A scroll for a wolpertinger familiar.|
Magic Focus scroll enables the use of the Magic Focus special move for a wolpertinger. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Magic Focus[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 24 April 2012 (Update):.
- Wolpertingers no longer stop players from clearing dead Farming bush patches.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The familiar's examine text, "It's just a harmless wee rabbit" is a reference to the scene in the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when Tim warns them about the killer-rabbit. "Wee" also means small in Scots English.
- A wolpertinger is a small fictional mammal found in Bavarian folklore.
- Wolpertingers used magical attacks prior to the Evolution of Combat.
- There is currently a glitch where a player's wolpertinger appears a quarter of the size it normally is.