|Release||17 August 2011 (Update)|
|Special moves||Ghastly Request|
|Examine||Arrghhh... A ghast!|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Attack style||Ranged, Melee|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The pouch can be purchased through the Rewards tab on the Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble noticeboard. Choose the 594 box and click the Claim button to make the purchase. 50,000 coins buy one ghast familiar pouch and 25 Ghastly Request scrolls.
It gives approximately 1% of the damage it inflicts as Prayer experience. Those who acquired Spiritual Healing from Livid Farm can extend the familiar's timer by 13 minutes, as well as increase its stats. The ghast familiar primarily uses its ranged attack during combat. However, it also has a melee attack. Using a prayer against the ghast does not force it to switch attacks. The ghast familiar is weak against magic attacks.
Ghast pouch[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|I can summon a ghast familiar with this.|
Ghastly Request scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|A scroll for ghast familiars.|
Ghastly Request scroll enables the use of the Ghastly request special move for a ghast familiar. You get 25 scrolls along with each pouch you buy.
Ghastly request[edit | edit source]
Ghastly request is a special move for Ghastly familiars, which restores 100 prayer points. It costs 20 special points per scroll so 3 scrolls are possible per summoning energy bar. The reverence aura and holy wrench do not affect this restore. A maximum total of 10,700 Prayer points are able to be restored within the 69 minute time limit. Likewise, using Ghastly Request scrolls in combination with Prayer renewals can be a highly effective method for restoring Prayer in long term combat situations such as training or Slayer.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- The Ghast familiar once again awards Prayer XP for participating in combat.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- A ghast familiar's details interface now states that it restores 100 Prayer points instead of 10.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On 3 October 2011 the amount of scrolls received with each pouch was increased from 15 to 25.
- Prior to an update on 28 September 2015, the ghast symbol on the pouch and scrolls appeared to be upside down. This was explained to be a mistake, and was changed so the symbol appears right side up.
- The familiar required 85 Summoning on release.
- The ghast pouch is one of only two pouches that cannot be created by players. The other is the meerkats pouch.
- There was a glitch wherein ghasts would grant Ranged and/or Defence experience (based on the player's Ranged experience setting) instead of Prayer experience. This glitch was fixed on 15 September 2014.
- Currently, using a ghast familiar and the complementary scrolls provides about 600 more Prayer points than a prayer potion (3), but costs approximately 8.91 times as much.