|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Examine||A very split personality.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Attack style||Ranged, melee|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Hydras are level 94 combat Summoning familiars which have two heads. Hydras can be used for Ranged training, as their skill focus is Ranged. These familiars are also helpful during Farming, as they have the ability to instantly regrow trees from tree stumps using their special move, Regrowth.
Hydras attack with both Ranged and melee, depending on how far away the enemy is. The melee attack involves biting at the enemy with a snap of the head while the Ranged attack looks like a red dart.
Hydra pouch[edit | edit source]
|128 ( 3,200)||62.9
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||8,856||90 (2,250)||84|
|I can summon a hydra familiar with this.|
Hydra pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 128 spirit shards, a Green charm and a water orb in the inventory, and 80 Summoning. Making the pouch earns 140.8 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Hydra gains 1.6 experience points, and costs 90 Summoning points.
Regrowth scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||7 (175)||84|
|A scroll for a hydra familiar.|
Regrowth scroll enables the use of the Regrowth special move for a Hydra. Using the Hydra pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Regrowth[edit | edit source]
Regrowth is a special move for Hydras. When used on a farming tree stump, it automatically regrows the associated tree without delay. Note that it can only be used on trees grown using the Farming skill. Regrowth is very useful when cutting Magic or Yew trees that a player has farmed, due to their significant respawn times.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hydra is based on the Lernaean Hydra, a serpent in Greek mythology that had nine heads. When one head was lopped off, two would grow in its place. The Greek hero Heracles (also known as Hercules), had to kill the Hydra as part of his Twelve Labours; he succeeded by cutting off its heads and quickly cauterizing the necks with a torch. The last head was invincible, so he finished it off by burying it under a boulder.
- Using a regrowth scroll to regrow a tree is required to complete the elite task in Falador "I've Changed My Mind!"
- Hydra were once considered vermin in the Ancient Empire and were said to live off scraps in the sewers.
- Hydra can supposedly grow to limitless size, given they have an adequate source of food.
- A group of hydra are referred to as a warfare.