Mysterious ghost (Dhalak)
|Release date||26 July 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||Seems to flitter in and out of existence...|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Dhalak was once a powerful mage under the service of Saradomin in the late Second Age. He still exists in Gielinor, but only as an invisible ghost that has been cursed by the god Zaros for his cooperation in the Betrayal by Zamorak. Now, in order to be seen and spoken to, the player must be wearing a Ring of Visibility and an Amulet of Ghostspeak. He features in the miniquest The Curse of Zaros, and is the penultimate NPC that the player must speak to.
Dhalak can be found at the following locations:
- The 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Party Room, up one flight of stairs
- Wizard Tower, on the ground floor
- Monastery of Saradomin near Edgeville, upstairs in the Prayer Guild
History[edit | edit source]
Dhalak was Lennissa's immediate superior in Saradomin's ranks. Lennissa acted as a spy in the camp of Zamorak's Mahjarrat and knew that the majority of them were attempting to rebel against Zaros, under their new leader. Their opportunity came with the discovery of the Staff of Armadyl by a Saradominist explorer called Valdez, a god-weapon that was capable of killing Zaros.
Dhalak knew that Zaros was a powerful enemy of Saradomin, and that if Zamorak killed Zaros, Saradomin would rise to even greater power. Instead of delivering Lennissa's message to Saradomin, Dhalak casted a concealment spell over the Staff of Armadyl to prevent Zaros from being aware of his Legatus Maximus's betrayal. Indeed, Zamorak's betrayal was a success, who was subsequently banished by the other gods for killing one of their own.
Zamorak eventually returned as a god to Gielinor after he helped his Avernic followers overthrow their Chthonian overlords. He witnessed the devastation of the subsequent war in the Third Age. He immediately regretted casting the concealment spell over the Staff of Armadyl, as doing so had caused his Lord much trouble.
In the year 169 of the Fifth Age, a human adventurer found Dhalak after Lennissa requested they find him. Dhalak was surprised to see someone could see and hear him, and he told them of his role in the plot. He then sent the adventurer off to find Viggora, who knew more about Zaros' downfall, and believed he had cursed him and the others. Dhalak gave the adventurer his hood as a reward, claiming that it had served him well and brought him good luck.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dhalak's name bears some resemblance to the Daleks, a race of aliens in the British TV Series Doctor Who.
- If you have 99 Magic when you first meet Dhalak, he'll question 'Be you some mighty sorcerer to bind me so?' to which your Character will reply, 'Well, I don't mean to brag, but I guess I am with my level 99 magic...'
- This NPC is one of the few NPCs that still uses old RuneScape 2 animations and model size.
|Related to the Mahjarrat quest series|