"ROV" redirects here. For the Dungeoneering reward, see ring of vigour
The ring of visibility can be obtained from Rasolo the merchant after the player retrieves his cross for him during the quest Desert Treasure. Wearing the ring lets the player see certain ghosts and objects that are normally invisible. The ring of visibility cannot be made using the Crafting skill.
Upon full completion of The General's Shadow, Missing, Presumed Death, Fate of the Gods and Ritual of the Mahjarrat, players can enter and leave the Empyrean Citadel throne room (don't teleport out) to have Sliske grant them the ability to see into the Shadow Realm. Even once players gain this ability, the ring of visibility is still required to reveal the lost TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot.
The ring can be re-obtained by visiting Rasolo & choosing the option "I lost that ring you gave me".
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- The ring of visibility's 'drop' option has been renamed to 'destroy'.
- It used to be possible to obtain multiple rings by using the drop trick.
- The ring is described to let the player "see into the shadows", a possible reference to the One Ring from The Lord of the Rings.
- During the quest Fate of the Gods, it's hinted that Sliske is the creator, or perhaps a previous owner, of the ring of visibility as he says, "Ah, I see you are wearing that little ring of mine" when the player is wearing it to see the World Gate.