Fiyr Shades lurk behind the silver door in the Mort'ton Shade Catacombs dungeon. They initially appear as very dark moving shadows on the ground and then rise from the depths to attack or retaliate. They are combat level 98 and their primary weakness is magic. Like all shades, they have a special attack that deals moderate damage and has a chance of draining one's Strength level. On occasion they have also been known to leave their catacombs to attack trekkers and ramblers in the town above their dark burial place. Their remains can be cremated with magic pyre logs, requiring a Firemaking level of 80. The Salve amulet and Salve amulet (e) work well on this shade.
With the update of the Shades of Mort'ton minigame, their remains boasted a street price of 10k each, although the current G.E. price is: 2,884 coins. This was due to the addition of the necromancer kit, used to upgrade Dagon'hai robes, and shade skulls, a cosmetic attachment to elemental staves, which are obtained by unlocking shade chests with gold keys from their cremated remains.
Other Fiyr Shades (called Shade in-game) can be found in Temple Trekking, attempting to break into the houses of the three unafflicted people in Mort'ton.
- ^ A minimum of a silver shade key is required to enter, obtained by killing and cremating a Asyn Shade.
|Fiyr remains (m)||1||Always||2,884||0|
|Congealed blood (m)||1–9||Uncommon||60-540||Not alchemisable|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- When encountered during a Trek, they are simply named 'Shade'. They still drop Fiyr remains when killed.
- In the Trek or Ramble, if they manage to break the door or the player opens the door for them, they will say address the hiding NPC and say, "Your time has come, _______." or " It is over!, _______."
- For about a week after the release of the Evolution of Combat, these monsters retained their pre-EoC stats. This made them have high combat levels, with low life points and damage, and a weakness to crush. Their stats were changed to the levels they had in the combat beta with the release of the Ariane quests.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 17 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 22 January 2019.) Mod Stu: "Had a look at the code: * It only drops on member worlds * Looks like a 1/1,000 drop chance, no modifiers * It just flags a variable and messages "You have unlocked the ability to burn bones on bonfires!", so it's easy to miss you've unlocked it"