Zanik's crossbow is both a quest item used during the The Chosen Commander quest and a crossbow that is the reward for its completion.
As part of the quest, the player must modify Zanik's existing crossbow with additional items, reassemble it when broken, and then use its special attack to defeat the Bandos Avatar. During this time, the crossbow itself cannot be equipped. Instead, a dialogue option allows use of the special attack.
After quest completion, the player retains the modified crossbow, which requires 48 Ranged to wield. While similar in appearance to the Dorgeshuun crossbow, it has significantly higher stats, slightly greater than that of an adamant crossbow. It can fire bolts up to Rune bolts, including bone bolts, silver bolts, and broad-tipped bolts. Since the weight of the crossbow is 0 kg, it is the best crossbow to take to the Bandos Agility Course, also accessible after the quest.
If a player loses their crossbow, they can retrieve one (or more) from Oldak in exchange for a standard adamant crossbow (adamant 2h crossbows and off-hand adamant crossbows will not work). Players can obtain more than one by using the drop trick, but will need additional adamant crossbows.
Zanik's crossbow's special attack, Defiance.
The special attack, Defiance, uses 50% adrenaline and deals 70-150% weapon damage.
- Bone I Fired ( 10) – Defeat the Skeletal Horror whilst wielding Zanik's crossbow and using bone bolts.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 28 September 2020 (Update):
- Corrected the description of Zanik's Crossbow's Special Attack - it no longer states (incorrectly) that the damage is increased while attacking enemies with an affinity to the gods.
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- Zanik's crossbow is no longer connected to elegant male bottoms.
- patch 21 April 2009 (Update):
- Zanik's Crossbow is now properly affected by several more items marked by the gods.