|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|He's big, and he's not pleased to see you.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|8 / 5 / 2|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Rammernauts are members of the Rammernaut Guard, and possible boss monsters fought at the end of a dungeon while training the Dungeoneering skill. They require a Dungeoneering level of 35 to encounter and appear on floors 18-29.
The fight[edit | edit source]
Rammernauts are well-built melee combatants. Like most bosses within Daemonheim, they are immune to all ensnaring spells and stuns.
They may use one of three special attacks during the fight.
- Charge: This attack is indicated by the rammernaut yelling "CHAAAAARGE!", after which he will begin running towards a player in an attempt to tackle them. He will continue until he either hits the player he is pursuing, or runs into a wall. He may occasionally start chasing a different player while charging, so it may be useful to use Anticipation when he announces the attack. If he hits a player, that player will receive multiple hits of over 2000 damage, in addition to being stunned for a short time, knocked back several spaces back, and their prayers being disabled. If he touches the wall, he will say "Oooof!" and will briefly be unable to attack or move.
- Ground slam: The rammernaut slams his mace into the ground, dealing a few thousand damage to nearby players and lowering their Defence. This attack usually follows the charge attack.
- Mace spin: The rammernaut spins his mace around for an area-of-effect attack. All players standing within two squares of him receive moderate damage, are stunned, and have their Defence level drained.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
One way to defeat a Rammernaut without taking any damage is to use magic/ranged and run around the room when he comes close to you. This is similar in fashion to the Saradomin God Wars boss strategy.
It is possible to avoid the charge attack, but only if you can anticipate it in advance and move away, out of range. This is best done if you are out of range to begin with. You can also place a gatestone outside the boss room and teleport to it right after he shouts. It can also be avoided by standing close to a wall, and moving away right on time. This will cause the rammernaut to run into the wall, stunning him for a moment. If you are hit and stunned by the charge, break free using Freedom, as you will not be able to do anything at all (not even heal) otherwise.
Also, if you can manage to corner him, it is quite likely that when he starts his charge attack, he will back up right into the wall. A familiar can be useful, as it will continue to attack while you are running around, or if you become stunned. While maging or ranging, a combat familiar can temporarily stop Rammernaut from progressing towards the player, offering more time to safely hit him. A stormbringer familiar is capable of ensnaring Rammernaut to prevent the charge attack if you are standing away when he charges, even though he cannot be stunned or bound by other means. If you are not confident in your ability to avoid the charge attack, and do not have a means of teleporting out, use Anticipation as you are running, as it will prevent him from stunning you, and will also reduce the damage you take by 10%.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "CHAAAAAARGE!" (Before charge Special Attack)
- "Oooof!" (Hitting a wall during charge Special Attack)
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Novite maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bathus maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Marmaros maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kratonite maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Fractite maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Zephyrium maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Argonite maul||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Katagon maul (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gorgonite maul (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Promethium maul (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Primal maul (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Equipment requisition receipts||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 August 2010 (Update):
- Rammernaut should now be consistent between the game and the Adventurer's Log.
- patch 4 August 2010 (Update):
- Rewrote Rammernaut's combat scripts and charge mechanic so it should now work correctly and as originally intended.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Rammernaut" is probably a portmanteau of the words 'Rammer' and Juggernaut.
- The Captain of the Rammernaut Guard is named "Hoskins," as stated on the Equipment requisition receipts and Resource requisition orders.
- The Dreadnaut is in fact Rammernaut Hoskins, but warped by the tainted magic of The Rift.
- In the Dungeoneering Saga Thok it to 'Em, when Thok sees Rammernaut, he says how strong Rammernaut is but is not strong enough to beat Thok. When Thok defeats Rammernaut, he takes the Rammernaut's sprained ankle (or leg).
- In this saga, Rammernaut is called 'Bulky warrior'.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|
|Characters mentioned in the letters|