Captain Undak is the captain of the Dorgesh-Kaan city guards. Players are required to talk to him in order to start the quest, The Chosen Commander.
He can be found at the northern part of the city before The Chosen Commander. Near the end of the quest, he can be located north of his prior location.
Undak shows a strong sense of duty towards the city he is obligated to protect, recognizing that while he is disliked by his fellow Dorgeshuun as he is required to bear arms, the necessity of the City Guard in discharging their duties compels him to take the view of others on him in stride.
Although he is shown to frown upon vigilantism and espouses belief in upholding justice via means of democracy, Undak is also shown to have some level of empathy and prefers a non-confrontational approach when he expresses leniency for Zanik after she kills Merchant Walton, seeking the player's help in convincing her to return and answer for her actions.
- In the Quickchat option I like your item:... you can say: I like your item:Captain undak
- ^ Captain Undak, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "I know I am not well liked. I am captain of the City Guard, the only Dorgeshuun who carry weapons in the city. The people of the city do not like weapons."
- ^ Captain Undak, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "But the City Guard is necessary - I am necessary - and so I discharge my duty to protect the city, no matter what the people, or you, think of me."
- ^ Captain Undak, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "Zanik killed a prisoner who was in my custody. She went against the agreed, democratic decision of the council. You surface-dwellers may mete out vigilante justice, but that's not how we do things here."
- ^ Captain Undak, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "Sooner or later we'll find her, but there would be a confrontation. It would be better for everyone if you could talk to her and convince her to come back."
- ^ Captain Undak, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "She'll have to stand before the council. If it was me, I'd be lenient, but they'll have to do something."