Valkyrie feathers are obtained during the Valkyrie's Return. They can be obtained by either training any skill or killing any of the three wolves (Hati, Sköll or Fenrir).
They function in roughly the same way as Zamorakian emblems and similar currencies, though they cannot be directly converted into mystery boxes until a player earns all the rewards:
- They are earned from almost any skilling action, or combat, every three minutes, or from completing daily challenges.
- They can be stored in the currency pouch.
- There is no cap on gaining them daily.
- 20,000 feathers are required to earn all of the rewards.
- After all the rewards are unlocked, any excess feathers can be converted to event mystery boxes or to big event mystery boxes, by using 500 or 1000 feathers respectively.
Starting from the original end of the event at the end of 10 February 2019, the following message was seen if the player had any feathers remaining: You have until the 11th February to use your Valkyrie Feathers before they disappear! However, they weren't removed before the beginning of 13 February when they were converted into 10 coins each upon logging in.
- Skilling (excluding combat, Mining and Smithing): 22–27 every three minutes
- Killing monsters: 25–30 every three minutes
- Mining and Smithing: 27–33 every three minutes
- Daily challenges (excluding Mining and Smithing): 74–90
- Daily challenges for Mining or Smithing: 93–102
- Extended daily challenges (excluding Mining and Smithing): 148–180
- Extended daily challenges for Mining or Smithing: 180-212
- Killing the event wolves, 150 each from Hati and Sköll, and 200 from Fenrir. Killing the wolves only awards feathers once per day.
Alternatively, valkyrie feathers can be bought for RuneCoins on the Seasonal Event interface Shop tab:
|Price in terms|
When a player receives valkyrie feathers, they are notified with one of the following messages:
- You find X Valkyrie Feathers and place them in your bank. (When there is no space in your inventory and there are none in your currency pouch.)
- You find X Valkyrie Feathers and place them in your inventory. (When there is space in your inventory and there are none in your currency pouch.)
- You find X Valkyrie Feathers. They are added to your currency pouch. (When there are some already in your currency pouch, or if found while Dungeoneering.)