Sköll boots can be received from killing Sköll in the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Winter events. They can be clicked on to gain bonus experience in either Agility or Woodcutting. The bonus experience received is dependent upon the player's level. In 2016 the players received regular experience in addition to bonus experience. When used on Agility at level 99, they rewarded 43,560 experience and 130,680 bonus experience. When the boots are used on Woodcutting at level 99, they are rewarded 53,460 experience and 160,380 bonus experience. This experience can only be gained once per year.
If you contribute to the kill you can receive a pair of boots. Players who have the boots already receive a recharge of the bonus experience allowance, although they don’t need to be wearing the boots for this to happen.
If destroyed, the boots can be retrieved from Diango in Draynor Village. If lost upon death, they do retain what charge they had before the player's death, but cannot be claimed from the player's Gravestone and can be retrieved from Diango as normal or, while the event is on, can be retrieved from Vali, the Fremennik citizen at the gate.
The Sköll boots can be stored in a Toy box in a Player-owned house.
||Your woodland senses are heightened as the agile wolf spirit flows through you.
||Sköll's natural wisdom and grace drift away.
||Your Sköll boots have X% of their power remaining.
|When a 10% increment of charge has been lost
||You feel power ebbing slightly from your boots (X% remaining).
||Your Sköll boots have almost run out of power
|Using up all the charge
||Your wolf fur boots have lost their power. The nimble spirit of the wolf no longer flows through you.
|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Updated the destroy text of cosmetic Hati paws & Sköll boots to provide their reclaim location.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to claim multiple Sköll boots from the toy box in a player-owned house.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- A confirmation screen has been added to the Hati paws and Sköll boots when selecting which type of bonus xp to gain.
- Contrary to popular belief, time is not a factor for using the charges. This confusion originates from when the Hati paws were first announced. It was said they would last for 10 hours of combat, but this was changed when the paws were released.
- There is currently a bug with the Toy box where the player is able to take an infinite amount of these boots out of the box. There is no benefit to doing this.
- On 13 November 2013, Jagex made a change and stated "Hati paws and Sköll boots now give the correct amount of bonus XP." This resulted in the bonus experience remaining from the prior event being reduced to 10%.
- Prior to 2015, Starting at level 81, Sköll boots granted approximately 500,000 Agility/Woodcutting bonus experience, and 625,000 Agility/Woodcutting bonus experience at level 99. That amount was reduced significantly for the 2015 event and beyond.