Respect (Artisans' Workshop)
Respect is measured in percentage points, with 2+ decimal places of precision (0.01%); however, the interface only displays respect to the nearest 1%. Players cannot have more than 100% respect at a time. Players will get a green text message when they reach 100% respect, telling them they need to spend their respect before they can gain more.
Earning respect[edit | edit source]
- Players earn 1% respect per 10,000 experience gained from smithing equipment and ceremonial swords.
- Respect is awarded once the item is completed and not during the smithing process.
- If smithing an item would increase the player's respect over 100%, any extra respect is lost; for example, if a player has 99% respect, and smiths an item that gives 30,000 experience, they will have 100% respect after completing the item, not 102%.
- Bonus experience does not double respect earned.
- Smithing protean bars or smelting ores doesn't yield respect.
- Fixing ~21-26 burst pipes awards 1% respect.
- Wearing a Falador shield 4 provides a 5% bonus to respect earned.
- Using an Artisans' workshop respect enhancer gives extra respect, in multiples of 0.25% respect, when smithing items that yield 0.25%+ respect; multiple charges are consumed for items that give multiples of 0.25% respect.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Dwarven Instinct Fragment||100%||One half of the Dwarven instinct aura.|
|Quick Repairs||5%||Repairing burst pipes becomes 50% faster.|
|Repair Expert||15%||Repairing burst pipes gives 50 more experience.|
|Golden Cannon||50%||The player can now ask Egil to convert their dwarf multicannon into the golden version, which has a cannonball capacity of 60. (The regular multicannon has a capacity of 30.)|
|Royale Cannon||100%||The player can now ask Egil to convert their dwarf multicannon into the royale version, which has a cannonball capacity of 90. Requires Golden Cannon.|
|Restocking Cannon||100%||Gives you the ability to reload dwarf multicannons automatically; you must have cannonballs in your inventory and stand within 15 squares of the cannon. Requires Royale Cannon.|
|Sword Polishing Kit||1% each||Gives 1 sword polishing kit. When held in your inventory, it prevents a ceremonial sword from breaking, and is consumed in the process.|
|Solemn Smith I||20%||Making a complete set of burial armour gives an additional 1% XP, up to 5%. Each tier requires the previous tier.|
|Solemn Smith II||40%|
|Solemn Smith III||60%|
|Solemn Smith IV||80%|
|Solemn Smith V||100%|
|Ceremonial Sword Orders||100%||Players have a 10% higher chance to get a ceremonial sword design when they finish smithing an item.|
|Ceremonial Swordsmith I||30%||Making a ceremonial sword gives an additional 1% XP upon successful completion, up to 5%. Each tier requires the previous tier.|
|Ceremonial Swordmith II||30%|
|Ceremonial Swordmith III||30%|
|Ceremonial Swordmith IV||30%|
|Ceremonial Swordmith V||30%|
|Luminite injector||100% each||When used, every player in the Workshop gains +1 base progress when smithing, for 5 minutes.|
|Blacksmith's outfit piece||50%
|Gives you a piece of the Blacksmith's outfit that you do not already own. The outfit increases Smithing experience by 1% per piece when worn, plus an additional 1% (6% total) if the entire set is worn. After purchasing all 5 pieces, you can buy this reward one more time to get the blacksmith's helmet add-on.|
|Necturion Outfit||100%||These are cosmetic overrides based on armour sets that were developed for the Mining and Smithing rework, but later scrapped. Purchasing an outfit also unlocks its masterwork version.||