|Release date||18 May 2015 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Thaler is a global currency for minigames that was released with the Minigame Spotlight system. It can be earned by playing any of the selected 13 minigames and is rewarded at a rate of 1 thaler every 5 minutes spent in a minigame. One minigame, cycling every three days, is spotlighted, during which 1 thaler is rewarded each minute.
The time for which thaler are awarded is rounded down at the end of a game. Any remainder is saved and added after a next game.
Players can spend thaler on a wide array of existing minigame rewards in Stanley Limelight's store. It is also possible to use thaler to buy certain promotional items previously only available from Treasure Hunter, as well as a unique reward, the spirit gem bag.
While untradeable, the value of thaler can be approximated using Silverhawk feathers (the tradeable equivalent of silverhawk down), a granite body, or magic notepaper, all three of which are rewards purchasable with thaler.
Certain Castle Wars rewards like halos and the faithful shield can be obtained with the use of thaler by purchasing the detailed decorative armour set for 3355 thaler and reselling it to Lanthus for 290 gold castle wars tickets.
|The Great Orb Project29 Jan|
|Flash Powder Factory1 Feb|
|Castle Wars4 Feb|
|Stealing Creation7 Feb|
|Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza10 Feb|
|Soul Wars16 Feb|
|Barbarian Assault19 Feb|
|Fist of Guthix25 Feb|
|Castle Wars28 Feb|
|Pest Control3 Mar|
|Soul Wars6 Mar|
|Fishing Trawler9 Mar|
|The Great Orb Project12 Mar|
|Flash Powder Factory15 Mar|
|Stealing Creation18 Mar|
|Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza21 Mar|
|Trouble Brewing27 Mar|
|Castle Wars30 Mar|
|Pest Control2 Apr|
|Soul Wars5 Apr|
|Fist of Guthix8 Apr|
|Barbarian Assault11 Apr|
|Next: 2 days (wrong?)|
Minigames list[edit | edit source]
The minigames list, available from the adventures interface, allows players to quickly see what minigames are current spotlighted, as well as the three upcoming spotlighted minigames. Players can also set favourites to see at a glance if the minigames they wish to play are or will be spotlighted soon. The currently spotlighted minigame will have a green background, while the upcoming three will have blue backgrounds, opposed to the regular brown one. Hovering the icons on the left of these entries will show you the time until they are spotlighted. Note that the day is rounded up, meaning "in 1 day" occurs at 00:00 game time.
|Spotlight occurs after the current one (1–3 days)|
|Spotlight occurs in 2 rotations (4–6 days)|
|Spotlight occurs in 3 rotations (7–9 days)|
|Currently spotlighted minigame|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Stanley Limelight Traders[edit | edit source]
Players may exchange thaler for rewards at Stanley Limelight Traders. Run by Stanley Limelight, the store is located near various minigames and offers rewards such as experience-boosting sets, elite skilling outfits, and various minigame reward items.
Update history[edit | edit source]
See Stanley Limelight Traders#Update history for related updates.
- update 3 December 2018 (Update):
- Mobilising Armies removed from game. Thaler can now be obtained from the 13 other minigames.
- update 18 May 2015 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Earn thalers – the Minigame Spotlight system's currency – by playing any of 14 minigames: Pest Control, Soul Wars, Fist of Guthix, Barbarian Assault, Conquest, Fishing Trawler, Great Orb Project, Flash Powder Factory, Castle Wars, Stealing Creation, Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza, Heist, Mobilising Armies, Trouble Brewing.
- You can claim 1 thaler per 5 minutes simply by playing any of the games listed. Playing the spotlighted minigame earns you 1 thaler every minute. The spotlighted minigames will rotate in an order of 27 minigames, with some appearing more often than others in the spotlight.
- Thaler can be spent in the Thaler store for armour sets, skilling outfits and more.
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Thaler is an old European coin that was widely used across the continent, and is the origin of the word "dollar".
- If the spotlight changes while a game is ongoing, all the points from the existing game would be treated as 1 per 5 minutes if the player does not log out, lobby or leave before the changeover.