The Prawnbroker is a non-player character that resides on the ground level of a player's Aquarium in a driftwood, flotsam or boutique shack. The Prawnbroker provides players access to their Prawn Perks, where each tier must be completed to get to the next tier. One Prawn Perk point is needed to unlock each individual perk.
Prawn Perk points can be earned by finding golden fish eggs, by opening Prawn balls (one point per egg found), by opening a golden prawn cracker, or by gaining 1, 20, 100 and 200 prawn balls. Unlocking all fifteen perks is a completionist cape requirement, and unlocking all perks plus achieving the additional 3 perk points is a trimmed completionist cape requirement. You can see which of the golden fish eggs or other Prawn Perk point sources are missing by choosing the "View fish list" option on the Bathysphere.
Fifty bonus prawn balls are available to players who have obtained level 99 Fishing by speaking to the Prawnbroker.
- ^ Every 30,000 instead of every 35,000 worth of life points. Affects all prawn items.
- ^ This works on both free-to-play and member's worlds. Living minerals still required for fishing in the Living Rock Caverns
- ^ If all landmarks are unlocked, you will get 10 Prawn balls instead.
- ^ Every 27,500 instead of every 30,000 worth of life points. Affects all prawn items.
- ^ Golden mystery egg if Ironman.
- ^ Every 25,000 instead of every 27,500 worth of life points. Affects all prawn items.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- The Prawnbroker Featherless Fishing perk will now only allow one type of feather to be overridden at a time, to prevent unwanted extra clicks when fly-fishing. This can be toggled at the Prawnbroker.
- The Prawnbroker's name is a play on the word "pawnbroker".
- Tier 1 and 3 baitless fishing do not work with barbarian fishing; only Tier 5 will work.