The Challenge System is a system intended to suggest skill training methods to players. It was released on 19 September 2012 and first reworked on 16 December 2019, subsequently being reworked again on 15 November 2021. It can be accessed using the third tab in the Adventures interface, labelled "Challenges".
Basic challenges[edit | edit source]
Before players gain access to the daily challenges, they must complete a set of seven basic challenges. These can be skipped by speaking to the challenge Mistress in Burthorpe. Skipping these will not grant experience, but will still award Treasure Hunter keys. These challenges are in introduction to the daily challenges system and grant no experience rewards, but will still give Treasure Hunter keys. All can be completed in Burthorpe.
Unlike daily challenges, basic challenges will auto-repopulate the Challenge systems tab until all seven are completed. At that point, basic challenges will no longer be available and both daily challenges and the daily challenges weekly reward progress bar will appear.
List of basic challenges[edit | edit source]
|Challenge||Description||Recommended actions / Notes|
|Basic Crafting: Gemstones||Cut opals or other gems mined from common gem rocks: 3||Common gem rocks can be found at the southern-most end of the Burthorpe mine.|
|Basic Mining: Clay||Mine clay from clay rocks at the back of Burthorpe mine: 6||There are four clay rocks at the western end of Burthorpe mine.|
|Basic Mining: Common Gems||Mine uncut opals, lapis lazuli, jade or red topaz from common gem rocks in the Burthorpe mine: 6||Common gem rocks can be found at the southern-most end of the Burthorpe mine.|
|Basic Crafting: Pottery||Wet clay, then craft the soft clay into any unfired pottery or urn at a pottery wheel: 6||Clay can be mined at the Burthorpe mine. There is a well to the south-east of the mine's entrance, as well as pottery wheels and pottery ovens just outside.|
|Basic Woodcutting: Regular trees||Chop regular trees to receive logs: 4||Trees can be found all over Burthorpe.|
|Basic Fishing: Crayfish||Catch crayfish: 6||Directly south of the Burthorpe mine is a stream with a crayfish fishing spot.|
|Basic Fletching: Arrowshafts||Fletch arrowshafts: 30||You can use the logs you chopped from the woodcutting basic challenge.|
|Basic Firemaking: Logs||Light logs or add them to a bonfire: 2||You can use the logs you chopped from the woodcutting basic challenge.|
|Basic Cooking: Crayfish||Cook crayfish: 3||You can use the fire from the logs you burned from the firemaking basic challenge.|
Daily challenges[edit | edit source]
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Three daily challenges are assigned to the player each day. These expire at the end of each day before being replaced by three more. The skill of the challenge can be different each day and for each player. Daily challenges are active by default, meaning that the challenge system tracks their progress without the player having to toggle anything. Completing each challenge awards the player with experience equivalent to a large XP lamp in the skill of the challenge. Members will also get a Treasure Hunter key per challenge completed.
|This repeatable content has a soft reset.|
|The next period's content will become available only once a player has logged out and in.|
The first time a player logs in each day after the daily reset at 00:00 UTC, they receive several messages, appearing in their chatbox and containing summaries of their active challenges (for example: New Daily Challenge: Prayer - Daily Prayer (0 / 25)). These messages are not filterable but can be hidden with Sign-in Messages settings, found in the Notification section of the Gameplay settings. Players can check the details of their active daily challenges by clicking on the third tab from the left in the "Adventures" interface.
Additionally, it is possible to have at most one challenge active at a time for a specific skill. An exception to this is when fewer than three challenges are toggled on. In that case duplicates of unblocked challenges will be rolled, making it possible to have multiple challenges for a given skill. One action can progress multiple challenges, meaning that if the player has for instance two Summoning challenges to infuse three pouches each, infusing six at once completes both of these challenges. Each point of progress is only counted for one of the challenges, so infusing only three pouches would only complete the first of the challenges.
Divine locations will not count for daily challenges in gathering skills.
List of daily challenges[edit | edit source]
|Challenge||Description||Recommended actions / Notes|
|Daily Agility||Complete full laps of any agility course: 2||Burthorpe Agility Course. Each section of the Anachronia Agility Course counts as a lap for the challenge, so completing a full lap is not required.|
|Daily Archaeology||Excavate or restore artefacts: 1||Assembling a tetracompass at an archaeologist's workbench will count towards this challenge. Centurion's dress sword during the tutorial does not count.|
|Daily Combat||Kill enemies: 15||Rabbits in Burthorpe. Enemies killed in Daemonheim count.|
|Daily Construction||Construction normal or flat-packed furniture: 5||Construction contracts do not count.|
|Daily Cooking||Prepare dishes of food: 10||Cook fish or raw meat. Using a dairy churn or slicing a cheese wheel does not count. Cooking in Daemonheim counts.|
|Daily Crafting: Equipment||Craft pieces of equipment: 5||Leather gloves. Crafting equipment in Daemonheim counts.|
|Daily Crafting: Jewellery||Create pieces of jewellery: 5||Gold rings or gold amulets. Firing unfired clay rings at a pottery oven or stringing jewellery do not count.|
|Daily Crafting: Urns||Fire any urn in a pottery oven: 10||Because all urns require two pieces of soft clay to make, it is better to create the highest level urns in a skill of the player's choice. Non-runed urns are tradeable, so one might not want to add runes to the produce.|
|Daily Divination||Convert any type of divination memories: 10||Flickering wisps (level 10) are located just east of the Falador lodestone.|
|Daily Dungeoneering||Complete a Daemonheim floor, shifting tomb, or elite dungeon: 1||Small Dungeoneering floor in complexity 1. Shifting Tombs do not require completing any objectives, and merely reaching the exit will count for the challenge.|
|Daily Farming||Check the health of a farming patch, or gather produce from an allotment, herb patch, hop patch, or farm animal: 1||
|Daily Firemaking||Light any logs or add them to a bonfire: 10.||Firemaking in Daemonheim counts.|
|Daily Fishing||Catch any type of fish: 14||Fishing in Daemonheim counts.|
|Daily Fletching: Arrows||Fletch any type of arrows or arrow shafts: 60||Different logs yield different amounts of arrow shafts when fletched, yielding different amounts of progress. Obtaining tempered fungal shafts during Zygomite Carestyling do count. Making arrows in Daemonheim does count, but not making arrow shafts or headless arrows in Daemonheim.|
|Daily Fletching: Bows||Fletch or string any type of bows: 12||Both fletching the unstrung bow and stringing it yields progress, so fully fletching one bow yields two progress. Both fletching and stringing count in Daemonheim as well.|
|Daily Herblore: Herbs||Clean any grimy herbs: 6|
|Daily Herblore: Potions||Brew any type of potions: 2|
|Daily Hunter||Skin a big game hunter creature, or catch any creatures: 3||Killing one Big Game Hunter creature completes the challenge; skinning is not required. Catch-and-release methods, such as bare-handed butterfly catching, count for catching creatures.|
|Daily Mining||Mine any type of ore: 5||Gem rocks, granite, sandstone, red sandstone, crystal-flecked sandstone, clay and rune essence rocks do not count towards this challenge. Mining in Daemonheim does count.|
|Daily Prayer||Offer bones or ashes to the gods: 10||Offering to Daemonheim altars do not count, although burying bones in Daemonheim does. Use of a bonecrusher or attuned ectoplasmator does count.|
|Daily Runecrafting: Runes||Craft essence into any type of rune: 20||A wicked hood can be used to teleport to a Runecrafting altar and to withdraw rune or pure essence. Runecrafting in Daemonheim does not count.|
|Daily Runecrafting: Runespan||Siphon any type of rune from the Runespan: 8|
|Daily Slayer||Kill Slayer creatures assigned to you by a Slayer master: 10|
|Daily Smithing||Create or upgrade a piece of equipment using core smithing metals: 1||The number of items created is counted, not the bars. Therefore, it is fastest to create items that require only one bar to make.|
|Daily Summoning||Infuse summoning pouches: 3||Ancient Summoning doesn't count.|
|Daily Thieving: Pickpocketing||Pickpocket any target (or loot artefacts in Pyramid Plunder): 6|
|Daily Thieving: Safes||Crack a safe and loot all its contents: 1||Despite the task's description, looting is not required. For instance, if one is not carrying a loot bag, the loot is forfeited, but the cracking still counts for the challenge.|
|Daily Thieving: Stalls||Steal from any market stall: 5|
|Daily Woodcutting||Chop trees to receive logs: 10||Woodcutting in Daemonheim counts.|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
After completing a Daily Challenge, players can open the Challenges interface and click the "Claim Rewards" button. Members will be awarded experience equal to that of a large XP lamp in the skill related to the challenge and a Treasure Hunter key, whereas free-to-play players will only receive experience halfway between a medium XP lamp and a large. If a member already has the maximum of 100 earned keys, they will instead receive the message: You have missed out on earning a Treasure Hunter key, as your earned keys have reached the maximum allowed. In cases where multiple skills are involved, such as with combat, players will be given a Challenge XP Lamp from which to choose which skill to earn experience in.
The following tables show the experience received from completing a challenge for any given skill level:
|Skill level||Experience||Skill level||Experience||Skill level||Experience|
|Skill level||Experience||Skill level||Experience||Skill level||Experience|
Players can also talk to either Fara in Burthorpe just south of the bank chest, Heriau in the Tower of Voices or Max Guild in Prifddinas, or Rashida in the centre of the Menaphos Plaza near the lodestone, to receive the reward.
The reward experience amount is calculated at the moment when the challenge is received, not when completed or claimed. If a member's first login of the day is to a free-to-play world and they receive a challenge in a members' skill, the reward will be limited to the maximum F2P level in that skill.
Players will not receive a reward for a completed challenge if it is allowed to expire before the reward is claimed.
Weekly Progress[edit | edit source]
Claiming rewards from a completed daily challenge earns progression for the Weekly Progress bar, which resets on Wednesday at 00:00 UTC. There are seven tiers of Weekly Reward Chests to unlock each week. It takes three challenges for each unlock, but challenges extended with vis wax count double. The Weekly Rewards interface can be opened at any time by clicking on one of the Weekly Reward Chests in the challenges interface. From the Weekly Rewards interface all of the unlocked rewards can be collected at once.
RuneScape members receive the rewards from both the member and free-to-play reward pools, while non-members get only the free-to-play rewards. Ironman players have the restricted rewards replaced with oddments.
The free-to-play rewards cycle through the following eight sets of weekly rewards in order, before starting over:
The members' rewards cycle through the following eight sets of weekly rewards in order, before starting over:
- ^ This reward is replaced with 50 oddments for Ironman Mode players.
- ^ a b c d This reward is replaced with 100 oddments for Ironman Mode players.
Influencing assigned daily challenges[edit | edit source]
By talking to Challenge Mistress Fara, Rashida, or Heriau, players may choose to block receiving new challenges in any skills that have maxed levels. For this purpose, 99 Dungeoneering, Slayer, Herblore, and Farming count as maxed. For non-members, having members' skills at level 5 (with the exception of 20 for Archaeology) counts as "maxed" and they can be blocked. Additionally, all challenges in combat skills can be completely disabled if players do not wish to gain combat experience, even if the combat skills are not maxed.
Each skill has its own toggle, so players can choose to block some skills while keeping others assignable. Blocking a skill will not remove challenges for that skill that have already been assigned. Members can take advantage of the level 5 (or 20) "max" in free-to-play to block out challenges from certain members' only skills. This is done by logging into a free-to-play world before reset and blocking the undesired members' skill. After 00:00 UTC, players must log back in to a free-to-play world to receive challenges with the new restrictions. Logging back into a members' world will unblock challenges for all skills not at 99.
If fewer than three challenges are toggled on, duplicates of unblocked challenges will be rolled.
Rerolls and extensions[edit | edit source]
Members can reroll or extend daily challenges from the Challenges tab using vis wax. A reroll costs 10 wax (worth 200,690 coins) and an extension costs 25 (worth 501,725 coins).
An extended challenge will be doubled in length, and the player will receive double the experience reward and Weekly Progress. However, players do not receive double Treasure Hunter keys. A challenge can be extended after progressing on it or even after completing it as long as it has not been handed in.
When a challenge is rerolled, the player will be given a choice between the original challenge and a random new one. The original challenge can be kept, but the vis wax will not be refunded. Challenges may be rerolled as many times as you like.
If an extended challenge is rerolled, the new challenge will not be extended. If the original challenge is kept it will still be extended. The random new challenge can be extended, as extending the original challenge does not count if the new challenge is chosen. If the new challenge is chosen, the vis wax for extending the original challenge will not be refunded.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
30 January 2023 (
- Fixed some players having Weekly Progress rewards in a partially reversed order than normal.
- patch 23 January 2023 (Update):
- Daily challenge notifications have been enabled for all players on desktop.
- patch 17 October 2022 (Update):
- Updates on your daily challenge progress are now displayed in the chatbox (but only for challenges which give a progress update, obviously).
- Stacking Whirligig Scarabs will now fill Hunter Urns, provide Strange Rocks, and count towards Daily Challenge progress.
- ninja 20 September 2022 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where daily challenges were not being progressed in some scenarios when using make-x.
- Fixed an issue that stopped rewards from the daily challenge ladder from being claimed in the Daemonheim lobby area.
- ninja 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Completing The Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon will now progress Daily Dungeoneering challenges. Story mode will still not count towards daily challenge progress.
- ninja 16 May 2022 (Update):
- The 'Fletch any type of arrows or arrow shafts' daily challenge now counts when cutting zygomites. The 'Light any logs or add them to a bonfire' does not count when drying zygomites.
- patch 4 January 2022 (Update):
- An issue occurred where every lap completed on the Hefin Agility Course was counted twice for Daily Challenges. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where some players would not be able to receive Daily Challenges.
- update 15 November 2021 (Update):
- Daily challenges have been reworked. Three challenges are received each day that expire at the end of the day, challenges now award a Large Lamp, vis wax costs have been reduced, and many challenges have required actions changed or reduced.
- Weekly challenges have been added. Completing daily challenges fills a weekly reward track with seven rewards per week, and different rewards for members and free to play players.
- update 27 September 2021 (Update):
- The XP curve for lamps and stars now scales to 120 for Archaeology, Dungeoneering, Slayer, Farming, Herblore, and Invention.
- This inherently affects daily challenge experience rewards.
- The XP curve for lamps and stars now scales to 120 for Archaeology, Dungeoneering, Slayer, Farming, Herblore, and Invention.
- patch 4 May 2021 (Update):
- New players will no longer receive log in messages about automatic daily challenge extensions while in tutorials.
- patch 30 November 2020 (Update):
- Pickpocketing a volunteer will now count towards a pickpocketing Daily Challenge.
- patch 27 July 2020 (Update):
- Burying Zogre bones will now count towards your daily Prayer task.
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- Daily challenges that have been generated while on a free-to-play world will now give the correct XP if they are completed on a members' world.
- Fixed an issue which caused the first and second Recommended Challenges to switch links.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- Corrected a desyncronisation error that could occur between Daily Challenges and their titles when linked from the Featured tab.
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- Corrected a typo in the Construction daily challenge.
- patch 18 March 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted how daily challenges interact with new players:
- Since basic challenges are now generated for new users, a player could progress a challenge without first completing the daily challenge interface tutorial. To fix this, progressing a daily challenge now counts as completing the daily challenge interface tutorial. The description for the Challenge Accepted achievement has been updated accordingly.
- Since basic challenges are now generated for new users, the daily challenge path is now immediately available, instead of being unlocked by talking to Fara or completing the Burthorpe tutorial.
- Removed a 'You are already in the Burthorpe/Taverley area' message which appeared when tracking a basic daily challenge in this area.
- Corrected an issue where a blank slot could be left behind in the activity tracker when handing in a tracked daily challenge.
- Adjusted how daily challenges interact with new players:
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- Daily fishing challenge can now be completed when setting the Fury shark outfit to "consume fish".
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- Mining with porters or stone spirits will now correctly count towards a Mining daily challenge. However, this will still only count as 1 towards the progress of the challenge.
- Absorbing memories into empty divine charges via the divine-o-matic vacuum now counts towards the Daily Divination Challenge.
- Having a Divination Cache boost active and depositing all memories in your inventory will now count all deposited memories towards a Divination daily challenge.
- update 16 December 2019 (Update):
- Challenge system reworked entirely. From now on daily challenges will be less intensive, more rewarding, and claimable from anywhere in the game world!
- Items are no longer handed over at the completion of a challenge.
- The experience for all challenges has been standardised, and each daily challenge should award the XP equivalent of a huge prismatic lamp.
- The number of tasks for each challenge has been shortened for many skills.
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Daily challenge to pickpocket Pompous Merchants can now only be completed by pickpocketing Pompous Merchants & Foppish Pierre, not Men/Women.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with various Jadinkos not contributing to challenge totals.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- Dungeoneering daily challenge criteria now allows the player to complete Shifting Tombs and Elite Dungeons as options instead of completing a Daemonheim floor if they wish.
- patch 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Challenge Mistresses will no longer take dragonhide boots when turning in daily Crafting challenges for vambraces.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- Players will no longer get Crafting daily challenges that requires a Crafting level higher than their current level.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Added new daily challenges for Fishing and Cooking involving green blubber jellyfish, blue blubber jellyfish, and sailfish.
- patch 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to not have their task swapped out correctly when logging in to a new day.
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- Crafting dragonhide boots no longer counts towards the craft dragonhide vambraces daily challenge.
- ninja 12 February 2018 (Update):
- The number of urns looted to complete the Pyramid Plunder daily challenge (previously 50-52 in most cases) has been reduced to 30-42 to account for the time taken to reach the deeper rooms.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- Crafting dragonhide boots will no longer count towards the craft dragonhide vambraces daily challenge.
- Free players can now toggle max daily challenges in member skills at the level five skill cap.
- Daily challenges are now only assigned to free players if they also meet the secondary requirements.
- The magic log daily challenges for Firemaking, Fletching, and Woodcutting are no longer assigned to free players.
- The Herblore requirement for the 'Clean Tarromin' daily challenge has been corrected from 11 to 5.
- Low-level Fletching challenges that explained how to fletch now tell players to select 'craft' then 'knife' instead of selecting 'fletch'.
- Urn daily challenges are now correctly assigned to free players.
- The 'Brown and Pointy' Fletching daily challenge will now only be assigned if the Smithing requirements are met.
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The "Spin wool into balls" daily challenge now requires 14 balls of wool instead of 28.
- The following daily challenges are now available to free players:
- Kill Giant Mole
- Cook apple pies
- Spin bowstrings, Spin wool, Soft/Hard/Studded leather, Blue/Black d'hide, Cracked and Fragile Mining/Cooking/Fishing/Prayer/Woodcutting/Smithing/Runecrafting urns.
- Plant barley, Plant hammerstone hops
- Fletch bronze bolts, regular/oak/willow/maple/yew/magic shortbows or shieldbows
- Clean tarromin
- Scatter accursed ashes
- Runespan VI, Runespan VII
- Smith bronze and iron tracks, iron and steel burial armour
- Chop maple trees
- The fish and cook cod and mackerel, and cook bacon daily challenges are now members only.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Re-rolling a daily challenge will now only consume vis wax after confirming the re-roll.
- Member skill challenges up to level 5 can now be progressed by free players.
- patch 10 July 2017 (Update):
- Messages for daily challenge completion have been updated to account for the 3 different challenge mistresses.
- patch 2 May 2017 (Update):
- Pinning Paths will now work correctly with the 'hide completed' filter toggled.
- patch 30 January 2017 (Update):
- The daily challenge to create 184 fire runes can now be completed on free worlds.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- A 'Decorated Woodcutting Urn' Crafting challenge has been added.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Lucky challenges have been disabled as part of ongoing initiatives to streamline the early game experience.
- ninja 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Non-members will no longer receive Daily Challenges in a members' skill.
- patch 18 July 2016 (Update):
- A typo in the marrentill Herblore challenge has been corrected.
- ninja 4 April 2016 (Update):
- The Truthful Shadow Core, Blissful Shadow Core and Manifest Shadow Core daily challenges for Divination have been removed.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Fletching challenges will now increment correctly when double stringing using a portable fletcher.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- Fight Kiln creatures now only count once towards combat challenges.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- A typo previously displayed when extending a Corrupted Seren Stone daily challenge.
- Shadow core challenges will no longer be issued as a Divination daily challenge.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- A number of daily challenges based around Nemi Forest have been added.
- ninja 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Some combination potion daily challenges' reward values have been slightly re-balanced to make them more worthwhile.
- ninja 1 June 2015 (Update):
- Great white sharks will now count towards the 'Shark' and 'Barbarian shark' daily fishing challenges.
- patch 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Coshed thieving targets now count towards pickpocket challenges correctly.
- patch 30 March 2015 (Update):
- patch 16 February 2015 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to complete the Flash Powder Factory challenge when leaving early.
- Players will no longer complete a lucky challenge when their ship requires repair after a voyage.
- patch 9 February 2015 (Update):
- The hint arrow for the HAM follower challenges will now point to the correct location.
- ninja 19 January 2015 (Update):
- Daily challenges now give more useful information about what is needed to hand in on completion of the challenge.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- The Harmonic Dust daily challenge no longer requires players to hand in the harmonic dust to complete the challenge. The Crafting XP reward is unchanged.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Ironman players will no longer receive Flash Powder Factory or Construction-based Stealing Creation daily challenges.
- The message for daily challenge item hand-in now references Heriau instead of Fara if relevant.
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- The Challenges interface has been updated to use a more consistent interface style.
- Support for Legacy Mode has been added to the Challenges interface.
- Moved daily challenges to the top of the drop-down box in the Challenges interface.
- The Minigames interface has been updated to support Legacy Mode.
- The item name 'adamant daggers' has been corrected in the Smithing challenge.
- The location of crimson swifts in the Hunter challenge has been corrected.
- A missing colon has been added to the instructions for pickpocketing male H.A.M. followers.
- The name of the Agility tickets challenge has been updated.
- A problem with clearing active tasks when completing some types of challenge has been fixed.
- An issue with lucky challenge tasks that mean they may not display properly in the Active Task window has been fixed.
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- Players will no longer receive daily challenges for combination potions they have not unlocked.
- patch 10 November 2014 (Update):
- XP from daily challenges at lower levels has been adjusted.
- The chef's range in Lumbridge will no longer count each item being cooked twice for Cooking daily challenges.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- Extending and re-rolling of daily challenges with vis wax have had their costs re-balanced.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- An issue where players could complete the first two basic challenges for Fara multiple times on the path system has been corrected.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Players no longer need 99 Summoning to be able to toggle off combat daily challenges.
- The daily challenge for pickpocketing elves has been reworded to make it clear that Prifddinas elves do not count towards the challenge.
- Dungeoneering challenges that have been extended no longer complete after a single floor under certain conditions.
- patch 11 August 2014 (Update):
- The required combat level of NPCs to kill for the Mark II combat daily challenge has been corrected.
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- Lucky challenges and Rhino daily challenges no longer overlap one another.
- Players can once again click on basic challenges if the player disables and re-enables the path system during the basic challenge stage.
- patch 22 April 2014 (Update):
- A confirmation has been added when turning on the Path system, as it will clear any current Daily Challenges.
- patch 24 February 2014 (Update):
- Players with high-level combat stats will no longer receive daily challenges for players with low level-combat stats such as, kill 5 cows.
- patch 17 February 2014 (Update):
- Some quests have been removed from the Path system, and an introduction to daily challenges has been added in their place.
- The Challenge master area in Burthorpe has been graphically updated.
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- You will now be warned about losing Daily Challenge progress when leaving Stealing Creation.
- The Festive Challenge display on the Challenges interface has now been removed.
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The daily challenge Delve into Daemonheim hint arrow no longer points to Gudrik's house.
- patch 11 December 2013 (Update):
- The creation of all studded leather armour now counts towards daily challenges.
- patch 15 October 2013 (Update):
- The daily challenge 'Chop elder logs: 30' now correctly completes after chopping 30 logs.
- patch 29 July 2013 (Update):
- Players who have not completed Bringing Home the Bacon no longer receive daily challenges far below their skill level.
- patch 9 July 2013 (Update):
- Daily Challenge reward bags no longer create two stacks of the same stackable item in a player's inventory.
- patch 3 July 2013 (Update):
- Players no longer receive the Wine stalls challenge without a Thieving level of 22.
- hotfix 17 May 2013 (Update):
- Low-levelled challenges are no longer given to players of a higher level.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Handing in hard leather boots and gloves for a Crafting daily challenge now functions correctly.
- patch 12 March 2013 (Update):
- Construction challenges that offer hints now direct the player to their POH location.
- The Magic Potion daily challenge has been updated to reflect the changes made to the Herblore skill.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Studded chaps are now recognised as a valid item for the Studded Leather Armour daily challenge.
- patch 21 January 2013 (Update):
- Magpie implings now count towards the Impetuous Impulses VI daily challenge.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Reworded some of the Imperial Guard Quartermaster's dialogue to make it clearer what he'll check when handing in a daily challenge.
- patch 28 November 2012 (Update):
- The Hard leather challenge can now be completed.
- Daily challenges to make weapon poison and weapon poison+ can now be completed.
- patch 26 September 2012 (Update):
- Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course now works as intended
- The Runecrafting challenges Runespan XI now works correctly.
- The Cooking challenges 'Churning cheese' now requires you to hand in your freshly made cheese wheels, rather than cheese.
- The Herblore challenges 'Harralander tar' now correctly marks off all progress made.
- The rate of Dungeoneering XP given from handing in a Dungeoneering challenges has been reduced to bring it more in line with the other rewards.
- The 'Flash powder factory' challenge is now only given when all requirements are met.
- The Rampage challenge will now count kills made within the Fight Kiln.
- Handing in a challenge should no longer cause bank tabs to shuffle.
- The double close button on pinned challenges has now been removed.
- Smithing challenges to make metal equipment have been changed to smith metal daggers.
- Construction challenges above level 18 now require flatpacks to be made and handed in to complete the challenge. A reward bag is now given for this.
- Crafting dragonhide equipment challenges have been changed to require dragonhide vambraces.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Challenge System was actually only partially available to free players in that they can still be assigned challenges in members' skills, which they aren't permitted to do or hand in. However, in an update on 22 August 2016, this was changed so that free players can no longer receive Daily Challenges in members' skills. Daily Challenges in members skills were once again made available to free players in December 2017, but an update in January 2018 allowed free players to disable such challenges if they have reached the level 5 cap.
- Previously, it was possible (and even likely) for free players to receive members-only items as rewards from challenge mystery bags. Fortunately, free players were now able to sell members items. Alternatively, free players can simply bank members' items, as they will not take up free-to-play bank space. With the removal of challenge mystery bags, this no longer occurs.
- If a completed challenge expires before a log in, the message that you have a complete challenge to hand in will still be displayed.