Crystal motherlode shards can be found inside the Prifddinas crystal chest, as well as from pickpocketing Elven clan workers. Once per day, ten can be traded to Wythien for an item from the Motherlode Maw.
Enhancers can be traded in to Wythien at a 1:1 ratio for shards. Used enhancers cannot be traded in.
They can be traded in for rewards, even if the player does not meet the requirements for the Motherlode Maw.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Fixed a minor text bug that occurred when trying to exchange motherlode shards a second time.
- Prior to the release of Prifddinas batch two, its examine text was: "The elves would be very interested in these shards. You'll be able to claim a reward when the city opens." and its destroy text was: "The elves would be very interested in seeing these items. It's best to hang on to them for now."
- They originally appeared after every hour of skilling, in a player's inventory (or in the bank if inventory is full), while wearing the Crystal amulet (or shiny/sparkling leaf clover necklace from Treasure Hunter). When one was received by wearing the amulet, the following message was shown: "Your crystal amulet has produced a crystal motherlode shard."