The currency pouch is an interface that displays many different types of currencies, notably including bonds and oddments and rare item tokens from Treasure Hunter. It can be accessed anywhere from the inventory interface. Only current members can see currencies relating to members' content.
It was originally released on 28 July 2014 as the bond pouch until 4 April 2016 when Treasure Hunter items were added. Finally, on 26 September 2016, it was expanded from microtransaction items to its current format. Before this, many currencies (such as Tokkul) took up slots in the inventory or bank, while others, such as Dungeoneering tokens, would only be visible in certain interfaces.
To access the currency pouch in the Legacy Mode interface, right-click the gold icon below the minimap, click "Currency Pouch", and then click the golden gear icon at the bottom right of the inventory.
Opening the currency pouch in the Worn Equipment interface opens a list of premium and favourited currencies. Right-clicking the icon and selecting the "View All Currency" option opens the Currencies interface where a full listing of currencies is found. In the Currencies interface currencies may be added to and cleared from the favourites.
Currencies[edit | edit source]
The following can be stored in the pouch:
Premium[edit | edit source]
The currency pouch has a total of nine slots available for the following, with bond and bond (untradeable) taking up two slots even if they aren't stored in the pouch. The full currencies interface only shows the first eight of these slots at a time.
|Bond||Purchasing or converting untradeable bonds|
|Desert pantheon fragments||Shifting tombs|
|Feral vampyre fangs||Treasure Hunter|
|Burning embers||Various events (temporary)|
|Tokens of might|
|Tokens of talent|
|Crystallised chocolate fragments|
|Skill Off tokens|
|Christmas cracker paper|
|Chill Off tokens|
|Master crafting patches|
Standard[edit | edit source]
Distractions and Diversions[edit | edit source]
|Reward Currency||Anima Islands|
|Penguin points||Penguin Hide and Seek|
|Fishing tokens||Fish Flingers|
|Hanky points||Thieves' Guild|
|Gemstone golem fragments||Training Mining (70+)|
|Rune ethereal fragments||Training Runecrafting (70+)|
|Shark fragments||Training Fishing (70+)|
|Camouflage fragments||Training Thieving (70+)|
|Memory strand||Memorial to Guthix|
|Divination fragments||Training Divination (70+)|
|Treasure Trail Points||Completing Treasure Trails|
|Dungeoneering fragments||Training Dungeoneering (70+)|
|Master farmer fragments||Training Farming (70+)|
|Sentinel fragments||Training Woodcutting (70+)|
|Trapper fragments||Training Hunter (70+)|
|Potent herbs||Herby Werby|
|Travelling Merchant Coupons||Guardian's Gift|
|Challenge tokens||Weekly Rewards Chest|
Minigames[edit | edit source]
Discontinued currencies[edit | edit source]
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
3 April 2023 (
- Premium currencies from inactive events are hidden.
- patch 1 March 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the correct total number of Bonds owned by the user to be displayed.
1 September 2020 (
- Memory strands and chronotes can once again be interacted with from the favourites list of the currency pouch.
- Any remaining raffle tickets from 2018 or 2019 have been removed from the currency pouch and banks.
- patch 22 June 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the currency pouch from re-opening on login if the player had the pouch open before logging out.
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue causing unfavourited currencies to still appear in favourite slots.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- The Castle Wars tickets obtained from farming requests are now added directly to your currency pouch. An option to add the previously defective castle wars tickets to your currency pouch has been added.
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- Livid Farm produce points now shown correctly in the currency pouch.
- update 28 October 2019 (Update):
- Updated the mobile currencies pouch to include drop shadow on text.
- Improvements have been made to the Currency Pouch on both clients. These include:
- Premium currencies are now available in the detailed currency pouch view in their own section.
- The small view currency pouch has been removed from the backpack on mobile only as it was too small to be reliably used.
- The currency pouch button that was on the backpack has been added to the worn equipment panel on mobile only.
- patch 2 September 2019 (Update):
- RuneScape Mobile:
- Changed the visual appearance of the currency popup in the inventory.
- Made text use the correct skin colour on the following interfaces:
- Bond interfaces
- RuneScape Mobile:
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Opening the currency pouch in the inventory will no longer cause interfaces to close.
- ninja 25 September 2017 (Update):
- The total amount of currency held in the currency pouch, such as rare tokens, will now be displayed in the chat box when that currency is added to the pouch.
- ninja 21 August 2017 (Update):
- The Currency Pouch has been reworked to be more convenient to use and has increased the number of favourites available to the player.
- ninja 15 May 2017 (Update):
- Slayer VIP tickets have been moved to the currency pouch.
- patch 28 November 2016 (Update):
- Players can now buy a Bond from the Grand Exchange from anywhere in game by using the Bonds pouch.
- patch 24 October 2016 (Update):
- Players can once again teleport to the Grand Exchange using Sliskelion pieces from the full currency pouch interface.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Any TokKul rewards from Rush of Blood are now added directly to the currency pouch when claimed.
- The symbol for 'Uncharted isle supplies' in the currency pouch has been corrected.
- patch 10 October 2016 (Update):
- Corrected a typo with brian points in the expanded currency pouch interface.
- hotfix 10 October 2016 (Update):
- Players can now give Thorgel Agility tickets or Castle Wars tickets from the currency pouch.
- patch 3 October 2016 (Update):
- Tele-grabbing currencies will now correctly put them in the currency pouch.
- Added a manual-convert option to object currencies such as Tokkul so that players with excess currency post-update can convert them to their currency pouch to render them usable again.
- hotfix 3 October 2016 (Update):
- Corrected some currency pouch logic to make the Eastern Lands reward shops work.
- Corrected the logic when a player has more than 2.1b coins between their backpack and currency pouch when opening a shop.
- Completing an Arc miniquest now adds earned chimes to the currency pouch.
- patch 16 May 2016 (Update):
- Messages now correctly refer to the currency pouch when the money pouch cannot be accessed.
- patch 4 April 2016 (Update):
- The Bonds pouch has been converted into a more generic "Currency pouch" for storing upcoming Treasure Hunter promotion currencies.