|Release||8 May 2017 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your event currency? You cannot reclaim it and your daily gathering limit will not be reset.|
|On death||Always kept|
|These tokens are light as a feather, and sought out by the charity representatives north of Lumbridge crater.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
They functioned in roughly the same way as Zamorakian emblems and similar currencies:
- They could be earned from almost any skilling action, or combat, every 3 minutes, or from completing daily challenges.
- They could be stored in the currency pouch.
- Up to 1,000 could be earned per day, for a total of 14,000 over the whole May 2017 event.
- 10,000 tokens were required to earn all of the rewards, though they could be directly turned into regular event mystery boxes (250 each; Gielinorian Giving variant and Mental Health Awareness Week variant) or big event mystery boxes (500 each; Gielinorian Giving variant and Mental Health Awareness Week variant)
All the remaining tokens were converted into 10 coins each on the beginnings of 24 May 2017, 19 October 2017, 23 May 2018, 16 October 2019, and 30 May 2020 as indicated by the in-game message similar to: You have until the 30th May 23:59 UTC to use your Charity Tokens before they disappear!. In 2020 the message was off by a day, and the tokens were converted in the beginning of 30 May although the message implied that this would only happen a day later.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Archaeology (gaining experience): 27–33
- Archaeology (contributing to a collection): 9–11
- Archaeology (completing a collection): 45–55
- Constitution, Prayer or Agility: 25–30 (For Constitution only activities such as Helter Skelter worked; gaining experience in Constitution from combat only counted as killing a monster)
- All other non-combat skills: 22–27
- Killing monsters: 25–30
- Daily challenges: 74–106
- Extended daily challenges: 148–226
Alternatively, charity tokens could be bought for RuneCoins on the Seasonal Event interface Shop tab:
|Charity tokens||Price||Charity tokens
|GP per charity token|
|500||45 RuneCoins||11.1 per RuneCoin||10,415|
|2,500||240 RuneCoins||10.4 per RuneCoin||11,109|
|5,000||385 RuneCoins||13 per RuneCoin||8,910|
|5,000||1 bond||5,000 per bond||4,513|
|10,000||2 bonds||5,000 per bond||4,513|
|20,000||3 bonds||6,667 per bond||3,385|
When a player receives charity tokens, they are notified with one of the following messages:
- You find [X] Charity Tokens. They are added to your bank. (When there was no space in your inventory and there were none in your currency pouch.)
- You find [X] Charity Tokens. They are added to your inventory. (When there was space in your inventory and there were none in your currency pouch.)
- You find [X] x Charity Tokens. They are added to your currency pouch. (When there were some already in your currency pouch.)
In May 2017 this was followed by a filterable message:
- You have gathered Y/1000 Charity Tokens for today.
When you obtained your daily limit, the following was shown:
- You have gathered 1000/1000 and have reached your gathering limit for today.
- You can use an event extender token to increase your gathering limit per day. These are available for purchase from the event store.
Ironman players could obtain and convert charity tokens just like regular players, but they would only receive cosmetic rewards. Once all cosmetic rewards had been claimed, Ironmen would no longer be able to convert additional charity tokens. For the Mental Health Awareness Week event of May 2020, Ironmen could convert excess charity tokens at 250 per event mystery box or 500 per big event mystery box. They gave total level times 10 for event mystery box or 20 per big event mystery box coins. So for a level 2585 ironman they would get 25,850 coins per event mystery box or 51,700 coins per big event mystery box.
There were several methods of idly collecting tokens in Prifddinas, such as balancing on the Serenity posts in the Hefin district, pickpocketing elven clan workers, playing the harps in the Ithell district, mining Seren stones in the Trahaearn district or fishing at the Prifddinas Waterfall.
Update history[edit | edit source]