|Release||2 August 2017 (Update)|
|Destroy||Your item will be destroyed permanently and it may not be reclaimable.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Little bits and bobs which can be exchanged for even better prizes!|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Rates[edit | edit source]
Every Treasure Hunter chest opened yields oddments. The amount depends on the rarity of the prize and whether it is subsequently claimed or discarded. Discarding yields additional oddments and gives the message
|Gem rarity||Base value
(obtained when claimed)
|Base value + convert value|
(obtained when discarded)
|Common||10||30 (10 + 20)|
|25||75 (25 + 50)|
|50||150 (50 + 100)|
|100||350 (100 + 250)|
|250||1,000 (250 + 750)|
|||1,000||2,000 (1,000 + 1,000)|
Prizes that are multiplied by Double Dragon Chests, Rainbow's End and similar promotions that may yield 2+ prizes per chest, will NOT have their base values multiplied - only convert values are multiplied. For example: opening a rune chest containing a 'rare' reward yields 100 oddments when claimed and 100 + 250 x 3 = 850 oddments when discarded.
In August 2019 on Wednesdays (referred to as Oddments Wednesdays) all the base oddments values are doubled. For example: opening a chest containing a 'rare' reward yields 100 x 2 = 200 oddments when claimed and 100 x 2 + 250 = 450 oddments when discarded, while opening a rune dragon chest containing a 'rare' reward yields 100 x 2 = 200 oddments when claimed and (100 x 2) + (250 x 3) = 950 oddments when discarded. This promotion was only for the single month.
Release history[edit | edit source]
|Start date||End date||Update/promo|
|2 August 2017||7 August 2017||Oddments|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 25 January 2021 (Update):
- Rare item tokens are converted into oddments at a rate of 10 tokens to 1 oddment.
- patch 1 February 2021 (Update):
- Treasure Hunter will now accurately calculate and inform you of how many Oddments you should receive when converting prizes before they're claimed.
- patch 9 March 2020 (Update):
- Players should no longer get a message stating that 0 oddments have been added to their currency pouch due to the oddments rebalance.
- update 21 October 2019 (Update):
- We want to make Oddments more satisfying, while providing alternative ways to obtain some types of rewards.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- The Oddments Store no longer says "odd ments" rather than "oddments".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When first released in 2017, oddments were part of a Treasure Hunter promotion with the same name. Oddments could be earned again from 22 May 2018 to the end of June, but were no longer a Treasure Hunter promotion. Since 9 July they could be obtained once again.
- After the promotion ended in 2017, logging in with oddments owned prompted the message 14 August 2017. Any remaining oddments were converted automatically into 10 coins each upon logging in after the beginning of
- Prior to an update on 21 October 2019 the amount of oddments earned when claiming a prize was 10 for common, 20 for fairly common, 50 for uncommon, 100 for rare, 250 for very rare and 1000 for ultra rare; discarding a prize yielded double the aforementioned amounts. Additionally, on the same update any oddments a player possesed was doubled as a result of price changes in the Oddment Store.
- The highest number of oddments one can potentially earn from a single chest is 8,000. This is by opening a double god dragon chest containing a 'purple' prize and then discarding it, on the Wednesdays.
- 15,000 oddments were given to all players on login after the update of 1 February 2021 along with the message:
- The update allowed Ironman players access to the oddment stores. Only cosmetics are buyable however.