|Release date||20 September 2004 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||0|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Leader||King Tyras; General Hining after Regicide|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Tyras Camp is an encampment located in the secluded, south-western part of Isafdar, the elven forest, part of the Tirannwn kingdom. Significant progress in the Regicide quest is required to gain access to Isafdar and the Camp. It is sometimes used as a point of entry to the elven lands, via the charter ships. The camp is well known for the shop selling most types of halberd in a store there, including the dragon halberd. However, the prices here are often higher than they are on the Grand Exchange.
It is also possible to reach Tyras Camp from Lletya, the Underground Pass, or the Arandar Palisade, but these methods would require walking through the dangerous forests of Isafdar. Note that the player cannot charter a ship to Tyras Camp until they have reached this area during Regicide.
Upon completion of all of the Medium Tirannwn Tasks, the player is awarded the Tirannwn quiver 2, which grants teleport access to this camp and other locations in the elven lands up to five times per day.
Following the Elven Civil War, King Thoros, the King of Kandarin, requested that the outpost be maintained and turned into a permanent human settlement with the permission of the Elders of Prifddinas. This has allowed the troops from the army to be rotated between the camp and Ardougne. The catapult to the north of the camp has been kept as a memorial to those who perished in the war.
Getting There[edit | edit source]
Partial completion of Regicide is required in order to access the Tyras Camp.
- Tirannwn quiver 2 teleport directly to the middle of Tyras Camp
- Charter ship to Port Tyras southwest of the camp
- Tirannwn lodestone teleport, then go through the Dense forest to the west, over the tripwires to the north, through the dense forest to the north, run west to the clearing, and go through the dense forest to the south.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Below is a list of NPCs of the camp.
- Tyras guard - These are the soldiers of King Tyras' Forces. Some are attackable, but be prepared, as they can hit up to 150 and use halberds, meaning they have extended attack range.
- Quartermaster (Tyras Camp) - He runs the general store of the camp. Halberds and basic items can be bought from him.
- King Tyras - He is the king of West Ardougne and a part of Isafdar and stays in his tent in the middle of the camp. It is impossible to enter said tent and, thus, to see him. The player kills him at the end of Regicide.
- General Hining - King Tyras' immediate subordinate, General Hining, takes command of the stranded troop of soldiers after Tyras' death during Regicide, and the tent in the middle of the camp becomes his.
- Linford - He can start the miscellaneous achievement "Great Gielinor Run".
General store[edit | edit source]
If the player has reached the Tyras Camp in the Regicide quest, it is possible to purchase all of the halberds from of the store, with the exception of the dragon halberd, which is always at 0 stock until you have completed the quest.
Quests[edit | edit source]
These quests are involved in the camp:
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- Whilst using the small furnace in Tyras Camp players are now approaching the furnace at the correct side (in front of the opening) instead of the wrong side.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Removed the furnace icon on the furnace in this camp, as it does not function as a furnace.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even after Regicide, the tent in which King Tyras stayed remains intact, possibly because a new tent was erected in the place where King Tyras's tent was destroyed.
|Part 4 of the Elf quest series|
|Related to the Elf quest series|
|Part 9 of the Elf quest series|