Tyras guard (catapult)
|Release date||13 February 2008 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Regicide|
• Catapult Construction
|Location(s)||Just north of Tyras Camp|
|Examine||One of King Tyras's men.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
The Tyras guard, also known as the Catapult Guard, is one of King Tyras's more incompetent soldiers. He was given the job of guarding and maintaining the Tyras Camp catapult, as he's considered a danger to the other men and has to be kept out of the way. He has practically no skill in any trade, being unable to smith, chop wood, or catch fish, and he left his previous job as a tin miner due to poor pay and working conditions. He's also incapable of catching rabbits or using a bow.
During the Elven Civil War, King Tyras had his men positioned in Tirannwn to combat a dark force believed to be coming from Zamorak's home world. His brother King Lathas, working with the elven Lord Iorwerth, conspired to have him assassinated by convincing an adventurer that Tyras had been corrupted. The adventurer gave the guard a cooked rabbit, and the guard left the adventurer in charge of the catapult for a few minutes. The adventurer used this opportunity to assassinate King Tyras, using the catapult to throw a bomb at the king's tent. The guard returned and the adventurer easily convinced the guard that they had nothing to do with it.
The camp remained after the king's death, and the guard was left in charge of the catapult. However, he neglected to maintain it, causing the frame to become rotten. General Hining hired an engineer, who proved as incompetent as the guard. The guard asked the adventurer who had given him the rabbit to help repair the catapult so he could keep his job. The engineer was soon let go, as Hining could only cope with one idiot around. The guard helped test the newly repaired catapult and managed to retain his job, though on his last chance.
Following the end of the Civil War, King Thoros ordered the camp be maintained as an outpost. The guard managed to convince Hining to leave the catapult as a monument to the war rather than dismantling it as he had originally intended.
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Tyras guard, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "He asked me to treat the catapult wood. Stops it going rotten, see?"
- ^ General Hining, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "He's downright dangerous to the other men. I sent him out to guard the catapult just to keep him out of trouble. I should just have sent him on his way."
- ^ Tyras guard, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "I dunno, lassie, being a guard is all I know. I ain't got no trade, no home, no money. I can't make armour, or chop wood, or fish... Perhaps I can be a tin miner, I tried that once before. It's hard work, though, and the pay is lousy."
- ^ Tyras guard, "Regicide", RuneScape. "I keep seeing rabbits in this forest. What I wouldn't give to eat one, but I'm not quick enough to kill any and I'm not going with a bow."
- ^ Tyras guard, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "That'd be difficult, General Hining sent him away. The General says there's enough idiots out in the forest without one more wandering round. I'm not sure what he meant by that, though."
- ^ Tyras guard, "Plague's End", RuneScape. "General Hining says we won't be needing this catapult any more now that the war with the darkness is over. I just couldn't bring myself to dismantle it, though. This catapult's me baby. So I convinced the general to let me leave it here as a memorial to the war."
|Part 4 of the Elf quest series|
|Related to the Elf quest series|