Claus Mousetrap the catapult engineer is a craftsman hired by General Hining to repair the Tyras Camp catapult, which has rotted due to poor maintenance by the guard assigned to it.
He appears to be rather forgetful, accidentally destroying his material orders by washing them with his clothes and he left his toolbox on the ship which brought him to the camp. This lack of preparedness managed to annoy both General Hining, who considers him incompetent, and Commander Measures, the chief engineer and his superior. He also has little experience with his job and underestimated the job he'd been assigned.
Hining, desperate to get the catapult fixed, asked a passing adventurer to help the engineer. While the adventurer was obtaining metal catapult parts, Hining dismissed the engineer, who left the region.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ^ Catapult engineer, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "I forgot they were there and washed my clothes. I wrote to the chief engineer to ask for another set of orders."
- ^ Catapult engineer, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "I managed to leave my toolbox on the ship that brought me to the Tyras Camp."
- ^ General Hining, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "I've drafted in a catapult engineer to come and take a look, but he seems rather lacking in the brains department."
- ^ Engineer's letter, written by Commander Measures, page 1, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "The pride of the King's Engineers is at stake, Claus. SORT THIS MESS OUT!"
- ^ Catapult engineer, "Catapult Construction", RuneScape. "It all looked so straight-forward during training, but this job is harder than it seems."