Mourners are elves that have joined the Prifddinas Death Guard. They can be found in and just outside West Ardougne, in their headquarters in the same city, and walking from Prifddinas to Arandar. They were introduced with the Plague City quest, and play a large part in the Elven Civil War quest storyline. Those in the basement of the Mourner HQ can be killed for elf slayer assignments.
The Mourners at Arandar and in the Death Guard HQ in West Ardougne can be killed for the Mourner gear they drop, required for Mourning's End Part I, Part 2, Within the Light and Plague's End. The mourners in West Ardougne have no drops.
After the events of Plague's End, they are replaced by Knights of Ardougne and elves, which have exactly the same stats, although they do not have the same drops and do not count for elf tasks.
- ^ Only by Mourners on the first floor of their HQ during Biohazard.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Only dropped by the mourners in the Death Guard HQ and Arandar.
|Medium spiky mithril salvage||1||Common||3,409||1,800|
|Tiny spiky rune salvage||1||Uncommon||7,000||8,000|
|Medium plated mithril salvage||1||Common||2,032||1,800|
|Green dragonhide chaps||1||Common||2,945||2,340|
|Green dragonhide body||1||Common||3,949||4,680|
|Green dragonhide vambraces||1||Common||1,257||1,500|
|Small plated adamant salvage||1||Uncommon||3,036||4,000|
|Tiny plated rune salvage||1||Rare||7,082||8,000|
|Sea turtle (m)||1||Rare||609||300|
|Manta ray (m)||1||Very rare||1,069||300|
|Kwuarm seed (m)||1||Uncommon||24,642||38|
|Irit seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,067||38|
|Avantoe seed (m)||1||Uncommon||589||38|
|Toadflax seed (m)||1||Uncommon||762||20|
|Poison ivy seed (m)||1||Uncommon||100||99|
|Belladonna seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,730||106|
|Cadantine seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,542||38|
|Dwarf weed seed (m)||1||Uncommon||1,492||38|
|Cactus seed (m)||1||Uncommon||211||59|
|Lantadyme seed (m)||1||Rare||1,446||38|
|Snapdragon seed (m)||1||Rare||521||38|
|Grimy marrentill (m)||1||Common||3,122||0|
|Grimy harralander (m)||1||Common||327||0|
|Grimy irit (m)||1||Uncommon||4,659||0|
|Grimy avantoe (m)||1||Uncommon||1,352||0|
|Grimy kwuarm (m)||1||Uncommon||10,717||0|
|Grimy cadantine (m)||1||Rare||2,082||0|
|Grimy lantadyme (m)||1||Rare||9,122||0|
|Grimy ranarr (m)||1||Rare||2,225||0|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||1||Rare||8,568||0|
|Adamantite stone spirit||1||Uncommon||63||Not alchemisable|
- ^ a b Dropped in Mourner HQ only
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- Some Mourners and slave workers in the Temple of Light tunnels are no longer present after the completion of the Plague's End quest.
- patch 13 October 2009 (Update):
- Improved script dealing with some of the mourners’ chat and related code.
- Before a graphical update, the Mourners used to wear modern gas masks, instead of the more era appropriate gear they wear now.
- The Mourners are a reference to plague doctors from the Black Death epidemic during the 14th century.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the mourners at Arandar would drain all your stats except Summoning to 20, including life points. This ability made them one of the highest hitting monsters in RuneScape. While wearing a full set of Torva, Pernix or Virtus equipment with 99 constitution and full life points they would hit for 1190 damage.