Tripwires are located in Tirannwn. They appear as two rocks very close together with a wire running between them. There are also four miniature crossbows (twigs) pointing at them. Place the cursor between the rocks to find a tripwire, then step over. If a trap is triggered, double damage splats of up to 500+ will hit, as well as applying a poison condition. Protect from Missiles is ineffective. Wearing the Tirannwn quiver 2 will guarantee success in passing the trap.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 20 June 2016 (Update):
- Increased the click zone for Tirannwn tripwire traps.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Corrected the reminder message when being caught by a poison tripwire without the Tirannwn quiver equipped.
- patch 18 February 2013 (Update):
- The damage caused by the elven traps has been increased.
- In one of RuneScape's many postbags, a player questions the Tripwire as to why protect from missiles is ineffective. Apparently, the secret is the bolts are dipped in the tears of rangers by "Mr. T Wire's" wife "Barb".