|Release||25 February 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|A sinister weapon from the depths of the Shadow Reef.|
|Exchange||2,147,483,647 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Eldritch crossbow is a two-handed crossbow that requires level 92 Ranged to wield. It may be obtained as three separate rare drops from the third elite dungeon, The Shadow Reef. It has to be assembled out of its three pieces, the stock, the limbs, and the mechanism, all of which are dropped by The Ambassador.  This process requires level 96 Fletching and is irreversible.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit source]
The Eldritch Crossbow has a special attack, Split Soul, requiring 25% adrenaline to activate. For 15 seconds (25 game ticks[note 1]), instead of healing the player, the Soul Split curse damages the player's target for 4 times the amount of life points it would have healed. This means that, given the diminishing returns from how Soul Split heals players, abilities that deal damage in multiple smaller hits, such as Rapid Fire and Corruption Shot, benefit more than abilities that have a single large hit, such as Snipe. The weapon must be wielded to maintain its effect; if changed, the special attack will end early.[note 2] Split Soul has no cooldown, so the effects can be renewed again even if the player is still benefiting from the crossbow's special attack. The boost from an equipped amulet of souls(or) or essence of finality amulet(or) also increases the damage output; these amulets increase the Split Soul damage by 18.75% on average.
Damage dealt by the special attack is displayed as separate hits using a unique hitsplat that has the Soul Split icon, and the healing animation from Soul Split turns from white to dark purple while the effect is active.
All sources of damage that cause Soul Split to heal the player will be affected by Split Soul (this includes sources of damage that do not come from auto attacks or abilities; an example of a source of damage affected by Split Soul are Dominion mines).
The damage from Split Soul is capped at 10,000 damage outside of training dummies.
Due to the requirement of keeping Soul Split active for the duration of the special, it is best to use it against monsters that cannot or will rarely attack the player to minimise the amount of prayer flicking required. Even a brief time without Soul Split active can negate a large amount of special attack damage.
It is also worth noting that Split Soul does not deal damage to other players in the Wilderness.
template = Calculator:Template/Combat/Split Soul form = splitSoulCalcForm result = splitSoulCalcResult param = combatMode|Combat Mode|Full Manual/Revolution|buttonselect|Full Manual/Revolution,Legacy|Full Manual/Revolution=slayerAbility|The amount Soul Split heals depends if the player is using the Full Manual/Revolution Combat Modes or the Legacy Combat Mode.
As the Legacy Combat Mode cannot access abilities, the Demon/Dragon/Undead Slayer abilities are not available. param = damage| Damage hitsplat|2000|int|1-||Split Soul works with any damage that allows Soul Split to heal the player. It does not have to be Ranged type damage.
This value is uncapped as it is the uncapped value that is used for the Split Soul calculation. param = damageCap|Apply damage cap to damage hitsplat?|15000|buttonselect|10000,12000,15000,30000,None||The calculation for Split Soul uses the uncapped damage value. However, the base damage is still capped at either 10,000, 12,000, 15,000, or 30,000 depending on the source. For example, if a player were to land a 20,000 hit with a 15,000 damage cap using either the Full Manual or Revolution Combat Mode, then the base damage done to the primary target is 15,000 but the damage used for the Split Soul calculation is the 20,000. In this example, assuming no other boosts or damage modifiers, the Split Soul damage from a 20,000 hit is 2,000. Therefore, the total damage to the target would be 15,000 + 2,000 = 17,000.
The value used in the Damage hitsplat box should be the uncapped value (in this case 20,000) to return the appropriate amount of Split Soul damage. param = target|Is the target a primary or a secondary target?|Primary|buttonselect|Primary,Secondary||Amount healed by Soul Split is halved on secondary targets. param = souls| Is the Amulet of souls/Essence of Finality amulet equipped?|Yes|check|Yes,No||The Amulet of souls and the Essence of Finality amulet provide an effective 18.75% damage increase to Split Soul due to their interaction with Soul Split. param = directSplitSoulDamageModifierGroup|Split Soul damage modifiers||group|vuln,slayerPerk,slayerAbility,spider param = vuln| Is Vulnernabilty applied?|No|check|Yes,No||Vulnerability directly affects the Split Soul damage. param = slayerPerk| Is the Demon/Dragon/Undead Slayer perk active?|No|check|Yes,No||The Demon/Dragon/Undead Slayer perks directly affect the Split Soul damage. param = slayerAbility| Is the Demon/Dragon/Undead Slayer ability active?|No|check|Yes,No||The Demon/Dragon/Undead Slayer abilities directly affect the Split Soul damage. param = spider| Is the NopeNopeNope perk active?|0%|buttonselect|0%,2%,3%||NopeNopeNope directly affects the Split Soul damage. param = addinfo|Display additional information?|No|check|Yes,No||Displays additional information about the Split Soul damage modifiers. Normally, the damage increase is 10% from Vulnerability, 7% from the Slayer perks, 15% from the Slayer abilities, and 2%/3% from the NopeNopeNope perk, however, because of the indirect and direct affect of Vulnerability on Split Soul, the increase is generally larger.
For example, assume the player is on the Full Manual or Revolution Combat Mode and that the target is the player's primary target. Take a base damage hitsplat of 1,000 damage without Vulnerability and without Amulet of souls. The Split Soul damage is 400. The total damage is 1,400. With Vulnerability, the base damage hitsplat is now 1,100 and the Split Soul damage is now 484. This gives a total damage of 1,584, a 13.14% increase in damage with Vulnerability compared to without it.
Damage caps are ignored for the base damage hitsplat.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Eldritch crossbow limb||1||581,874,447||581,874,447|
|Eldritch crossbow stock||1||787,447,678||787,447,678|
|Eldritch crossbow mechanism||1||584,402,525||584,402,525|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Eldritch crossbow when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 4,800,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|4800000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Dyed[edit | edit source]
Once the dye is applied, the Eldritch crossbow becomes permanently untradeable.
|Creation cost (GE)|
|Item||Eldritch crossbow (barrows)||Eldritch crossbow (shadow)||Eldritch crossbow (third age)||Eldritch crossbow (blood)||Eldritch crossbow (ice)|
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed crossbows|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|3 × Resilient components||Always|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 23 November 2020 (Update):
- Special attacks that require no target can now be activated using the Constitution special attack ability from both the Ability Book and the Action Bar.
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- Damage dealt under the effect of the Eldritch Crossbow's special attack via Soul Split is now tracked by combat challenge gems. It will also no longer bypass health thresholds that make a monster invulnerable to damage, as this was a bug.
- Fixed an issue causing the Eldritch Crossbow special attack to deal 0 damage to Nex.
27 April 2020 (
- Damage inflicted by the Eldritch Crossbow's special attack has a new hitsplat instead of dealing blight damage.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- The damage from Eldritch crossbow's special attack now works against the pillars in the Nex, Angel of Death encounter.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Eldritch" is a word that is used to describe something as otherworldly, weird, ghostly, or uncanny. The word is often used to describe entities from the works of author H. P. Lovecraft, whose work inspired Kranon and Xau-Tak.
- If the player kills a target while under the effects of Split Soul with weapon/ability damage, the blight hitsplats will be replaced with missed hitsplats.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ^ The Split Soul damage splat always lands one tick later than the player sourced hitsplat. Because of this, the latest an attack can hit the target and cause a Split Soul damage splat is the 25th tick (the Split Soul damage splat would appear on the 26th tick, after the buff has ended).
- ^ Specifically, it is tied to the weapon in the main hand slot when the special attack has been cast. This is an important detail if the player is casting Split Soul through an essence of finality amulet(or) as it means that the weapon in the off hand slot can be swapped out for another weapon (for example, a flanking switch) as long as the main hand weapon does not change.
Reference[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 28 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 23 October 2020.)
- ^ February Month Ahead Q&A.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 14 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 15 February 2019.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 4 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 4 March 2019.) Mod Shauny: "The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750."