|Release||25 February 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|A sinister weapon from the depths of the Shadow Reef.|
|Exchange||1,173,464,683 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Eldritch crossbow is a two-handed crossbow that requires level 92 Ranged to wield. It may be obtained as three separate rare drops from the third elite dungeon, The Shadow Reef. It has to be assembled out of its three pieces, the stock, the limbs, and the mechanism, all of which are dropped by The Ambassador.  This process requires level 96 Fletching.
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The Eldritch Crossbow has a special attack, Split Soul, requiring 25% adrenaline to activate. For 15 seconds, instead of healing the player, the Soul Split curse damages the player's target for 4 times the amount of life points it would have healed. This means that, given the diminishing returns from how Soul Split heals players, abilities that deal damage in multiple smaller hits, such as Rapid Fire and Corruption Shot, benefit more than abilities that have a single large hit, such as Snipe. The weapon must be wielded to maintain its effect, or it will end early. There is no cooldown to this attack, so the effects can be renewed again even if the player is still benefiting from the crossbow's special attack.
The boost from the amulet of souls also increases the damage output. Damage dealt by the special attack is displayed as separate hits using blight hitsplats. As Soul Split heals for full damage against targets that would cause incoming damage to be reduced or blocked, Split Soul's blight effect bypasses these effects - such as Taraket the Necromancer's phase transition or the Black stone dragon's flying rampage.
Due to the importance of keeping Soul Split active for the duration of the special, it is best to use it against monsters or bosses that cannot or will rarely hit the player, to minimise the amount of prayer flicking required, as even a second of prayer flicking can cause several blight hits to miss.
template = Calculator:Template/Combat/Split Soul form = exprCalcForm result = exprCalcResult param = damage|Damage hitsplat|2000|int|1-33000 param = souls|Is the Amulet of souls or Amulet of souls (or) being used?|Yes|select|No,Yes param = target|Is the target a primary target or a secondary target?|Primary|select|Primary,Secondary
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Eldritch crossbow limb||1||254,514,694||254,514,694|
|Eldritch crossbow stock||1||392,356,800||392,356,800|
|Eldritch crossbow mechanism||1||334,555,625||334,555,625|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Eldritch crossbow when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 4,800,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|4800000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed crossbows|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|3 × Resilient components||Always|
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
|Eldritch crossbow||92||1,173,464,683||2577 (92)||
|Seren godbow||92||870,467,352||2577 (92)||
|Noxious longbow||90||162,825,735||2458 (90)||
|Upgraded bone blowpipe||87||29,618,738||2458 (90)||
|Wyvern crossbow||85||24,191,474||2178 (85)||
|Hexhunter bow||80||169,376,270||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow||80
|1 Attuned crystal weapon seed
2,000 Harmonic dust
|Zaryte bow||80||10,182,655||1924 (80)||
River of Blood
|Free after River of Blood quest, 600,000 to reclaim||1829 (78)|
|Blightbound crossbow and off-hand||92||480,508,771 (main hand)
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90||127,112,297 (main hand)
|Superior Morrigan's throwing axe||88||10,718,164 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Superior Morrigan's javelin||88||10,749,664 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Elite Death Lotus dart and off-hand||88
|25 Death Lotus dart
25 Off-hand Death Lotus dart
2 Death lotus extract
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85||13,167,165 (main hand)
|Death Lotus dart and off-hand||85
|2 Ancient bones
50 Ascension shards
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand||80
|2 Attuned crystal weapon seeds
2,000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand||80
| 200,000 (main hand)
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||6,289,918 (main hand)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- The damage from Eldritch crossbow's special attack now works against the pillars in the Nex, Angel of Death encounter.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Eldritch" is a word that is used to describe something as otherworldly, weird, ghostly, or uncanny. The word is often used to describe entities from the works of author H. P. Lovecraft, whose work inspired Kranon and Xau-Tak.
- If the player kills a target while under the effects of Split Soul with weapon/ability damage, the blight hitsplats will be replaced with missed hitsplats.
Reference[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 28 December 2018.
- ^ February Month Ahead Q&A.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 14 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 15 February 2019.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 4 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 4 March 2019.) Mod Shauny: "The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750."