The Skeletal trio is a boss trio in Daemonheim encountered on the Occult floors, requiring a Dungeoneering level of 71 or more to encounter and fight. It consists of a Skeletal warrior, a Skeletal archer and a Skeletal sorcerer.
The fight[edit | edit source]
This boss consists of three skeletons (a warrior, ranger and sorcerer) that attack with the corresponding combat style of their choice. The skeletons use standard protection prayers, which fully blocks all damage against the combat style they are praying against. Overhead prayer disabling abilities (Smash, Havoc, Snipe and Dragon Breath) will not disable their overhead prayers. The skeletons will randomly change protection prayers to another combat style after a random amount of time has passed.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Because of their equal damage output, when fighting solo, you should go after the skeleton that has the advantage against you in the combat triangle first and either pray against his attacks or use Soul Split. After that, target the skeleton using the same style you are using, and then finally the skeleton you have an advantage against. For example, if you are using Magic, your first target would be the archer, then the sorcerer, then the warrior.
Remember to keep an eye on the skeletons prayers and change targets if they begin praying against your attacks. A feasible tactic if you are ranging or maging would be to trap the warrior behind the other skeletons (if any of them are still alive) when trying to kill him - stunning or binding the warrior will not work due to the skeletons' immunity against stuns.
When fighting as a team, try to focus on the boss that would have the advantage against the most members of your team first. Keep your focus on one skeleton at a time. It is also important to pay attention to which skeletons are attacking you when fighting in a group. Having a team member distract a skeleton by using Provoke can potentially save your life if two or even all three skeletons have their sights set on you. It is also worth noting that trapping the warrior is much less effective than it is when soloing, due to the skeletons' tendency to change targets.
Levels[edit | edit source]
For their combat levels, see their individual pages.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Bow drops with arrows of the same tier.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Tangle gum shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Seeping elm shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Blood spindle shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Utuku shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spinebeam shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bovistrangler shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Thigat shortbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Corpsethorn shortbow (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Entgallow shortbow (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Grave creeper shortbow (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sagittarian shortbow (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bellefleur's journal||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sagittarian arrows (m)||125||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each member of the trio is wearing a full tier 11 set of equipment: Primal (melee), Sagittarian (ranged) and Celestial (magic). Their armour is highly damaged, though.
- This is one of the only two bosses in Dungeoneering that have multiple enemies as the actual boss, the other being skeletal horde (Yk'lagor the Thunderous has mages that you attack to free him).
- Their names are Radgund, Griss, and Bellefleur. However, it is not known which one is the sorcerer, archer, or warrior. The sorcerer is likely to be Radgund, as the Tombstone Transcription (misc. journal 11) is written by him, noting that he has transcribed the Grave Creeper's tomb, indicating that he is an academically learned individual, suitable for the role of a mage. Bellefleur's Journal is written in a more free form, and he gives somewhat of a stubborn image of Griss, suitable for a more physically oriented person. This makes it highly possible that Bellefleur is the archer, and Griss is the warrior of the trio.
- The Skeletal Trio are one of the only four Dungeoneering bosses that use protection prayers. The others are the Runebound behemoth, Sagittare Bolton, and Astea Frostweb.
- The Skeletal Trio's boss chamber has three statues carved into the walls; One of a warrior, one of a ranger, and one of a mage. These are most likely tributes to Radgund, Griss, and Bellefleur, and could possibly even be their tombs.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the skeletal mage was notorious in the group for dealing extremely high damage compared to the other skeletons, much like Dagannoth Prime. This is no longer the case.
- Despite being undead, the Undead Slayer ability has no effect on the skeletal trio.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|