Smash is a basic Attack ability, requiring level 20 Attack. It is a two-handed ability that deals 31.4-157% ability damage, and if used against another player, disables their protection prayers and deflect curses (excluding Protect Item). Smash does not disable the prayers and curses of monsters, except for Akrisae the Doomed.
Its dual wielded equivalent is Havoc, its Magic equivalent is Dragon Breath, and its Ranged equivalent is Snipe.
When Gloves of passage are worn, after the Smash ability successfully hits, causes the next attack, inflicted within the next six seconds, to deal 10% additional damage, and the target also takes 20% additional damage from bleeds for ten seconds.
Players without 20 Attack have access to Lesser Smash instead, which automatically upgrades to Smash upon reaching 20 Attack.
Smash strikes the target 1 tick after being cast.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 31 August 2021 (Update):
- Gloves of passage received a +3% buff to the damage dealt after Smash or Havoc successfully hits (10% total). Additionally, enemies hit by either of those abilities now receive 20% more damage from bleed effects for 10 seconds.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Havoc and Smash's shared cooldown is now shown correctly in ability icon cooldown clocks.
- 12 June 2017 (Update):
- Maximum ability damage increased from 125% to 157%.