|Release||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|A monster from the Gorajo plane, warped by Daemonheim's taint.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|39 / 26 / 13|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The Warped Gulega is a boss monster encountered on the Warped floors. It requires level 95 Dungeoneering to encounter under normal circumstances. However, one appears in Thok It To 'Em with 59 Dungeoneering.
It is a predatory creature from the Spirit Plane, heavily warped by the closeness to The Rift in the Warped floors. Since the Gorajo have been fighting and hunting them for ages, they are able to inflict heavy damage on it with ease.
The fight[edit | edit source]
The Warped Gulega has no specific weakness, so it can be damaged equally by all attack styles. However, all damage done on the Gulega is heavily reduced by approximately 75%. Conversely, Gorajo combat familiars deal 4x their normal damage and hit constantly, so bringing a familiar, preferably a Bloodrager, is extremely useful and will significantly reduce the length of the fight. Upon entering the boss room, a player with a combat familiar will comment on the gulega:
- Bloodrager: Come, brah! This gulega's head will make a fine trophy!
- Deathslinger: It will be an honour to slay this gulega with you, brah!
- Stormbringer: My kind have incinerated gulega for generations, naabe.
The Warped Gulega uses all three combat styles which can be halved by the protection prayers and deflection curses. Its melee attack occurs when the Gulega plunges its tentacles into the floor which appear under a player. Therefore, its melee attack can hit players from a distance.
Its magic attack is a golden glowing orb that is launched at all players and familiars in the room.
Its ranged attack is a translucent brown bolt that resembles the effect of Soul Split that targets all players in the room.
The Gulega has a special attack where it smashes its arms directly into the ground, causing four tentacles to surround and close in on the player it is facing. If the player does not move from the square they were standing on within a few seconds, they will take typeless damage that reduces their life points to one. Alternatively, you may wish to use Vengeance and take the hit, inflicting large damage on the boss. Resonance and Reflect do not work against this attack.
Gulega is very similar to TzTok Jad, in that a player who is praying melee, and who rapidly switches to mage or range when appropriate, can negate a large amount of damage while killing the boss (except from its special attack). However, the Gulega has a faster attack speed, and time gap between the beginning of Gulega's animations and the time when its attack hits is significantly smaller than the time gap on Jad, making prayer-switching much more challenging.
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Salve robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Wildercress robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Blightleaf robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Roseblood robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bryll robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Duskweed robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Soulbell robe top||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ectorobe top (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Runic robe top (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spiritbloom robe top (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Celestial robe top (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gulega missive||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Warped Gulega targets familiars as if they were players, thus making it the only Dungeoneering boss to target Summoning Familiars. This is because of the natural rivalry they share in their home plane.
- Warped Gulega's max hit special attack is similar to Nomad's attack. The Gulega also has maximum hit of your life points -1, but unlike Nomad, Warped Gulega will hit depending on your current life points, while Nomad will always deal -1 of your maximum life points.
- Killing a Warped Gulega and avoiding the special attack in a solo dungeon is a requirement for the Elite Daemonheim Task Set.
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Gulega missive, written by Sachem bloodrager, RuneScape. "Bilrach ambles into our world and brings in the gulega."
- ^ Gorajo hoardstalker, RuneScape. "My name is not important. I am a gorajo, and my home is what you call the 'Spirit Plane'."
- ^ Gulega missive, written by Sachem bloodrager, RuneScape. "We, the gorajo, have adapted and evolved to fight the gulega for longer than our histories: we know where to stab and where to squeeze."
|Abandoned 1 & 2|