|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|A skilled mage and ranger.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|8 / 5 / 2|
3 ticks (1.8s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Sagittares are members of the Sagittare Archers of Bilrach's army, and are boss monsters in Daemonheim requiring 45 Dungeoneering. They are found on floors 23–29 of Daemonheim. They use ranged and magic, with teleporting ability, arrow rain, and multi shot. Sagittares always have Protect from Missiles on, which cannot be disabled by Smash or any other means and prevent 100% of Ranged damage.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Regular single-targeted ranged arrow attack, of either ranged or magic.
- Magic multi arrows - Targets all players.
- Arrow-rain - Arrows fall from the sky as he teleports after every 20% damage and deals unblockable damage to anyone standing within 2 squares of the initial location. This can be successfully avoided if you react quickly enough and move out of the targeted area. Anyone hit by the attack is bound to the ground for a short time and cannot run for a short time after.
- Ranged binding spell - Multi-targeted attack which has a chance to disable running, regardless of whether it deals damage. Protect from Missiles prevents damage, but not the disabling effect.
- Magic binding spell - Multi-targeted attack which will bind player to the spot and stop him from moving if damage is dealt. Protect from Magic will prevent all effects.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Magic attacks are highly recommended against Sagittare. Players should not use melee against him, as they are the most vulnerable to his arrow rain, and that the spiral design of the room requires a lot of running to reach him. High-level players rushing this boss may consider using Combust as this can quickly deal damage before he teleports, and the time for him to teleport do not count towards the ability duration of 6 seconds. Any bleed is especially useful at the end of the fight, as he will teleport with 1 life point, allowing any bleed to kill him immediately afterwards without having to target him again.
If you do use melee against him, Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic is crucial to prevent him from rooting you. Surge can sometimes be used to fly across the gaps diagonally to close the gap quicker, although you may also overshoot onto another section of the battlefield.
Should a player find themselves with only a ranged attack method and trapped within the room, the Sagittare can be walked into a corner one tile at a time by stepping under the boss. Using this method a player can trap the Sagittare and utilize the dungeon home teleport spell to return to the starting room of the dungeon to change combat styles, or even to resupply.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Back off!" (Before Special Attack)
- "Arrow-rain!" (During Special Attack)
Drops[edit | edit source]
Additionally, Sagittare will randomly drop 125 arrows matching the same tier of the dropped bow.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Tangle gum longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Seeping elm longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Blood spindle longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Utuku longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spinebeam longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bovistrangler longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Thigat longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Corpsethorn longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Entgallow longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Grave creeper longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sagittarian longbow||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ammunition requisition orders||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sagittarian arrows||125||Varies||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 March 2011 (Update):
- This npc will now teleport closer to the player to prevent excessive running.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sagittare is derived from the Latin word Sagittarius, meaning archer. The ninth astrological sign in the Zodiac is also called Sagittarius; a centaur who, like Sagittare, prominently wields a bow.
- Sagittare is one of the few Dungeoneering bosses that is not immune to poison, along with the Unholy cursebearer and Skeletal Horde.
- The Sagittare's leader's surname is Bolton, according to the ammunition requisition orders.
- This monster has an irregular attack speed - sometimes it attacks at a speed of 6, sometimes at a speed of 7. This is probably intentional, to thwart prayer flashing. He is one of seven bosses with irregular attack speeds, the others being Astea Frostweb, To'Kash the Bloodchiller, the Unholy cursebearer, Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter, Gravecreeper and the Necrolord.
- Although arrows of the same tier are always dropped along with the bow, they are not mentioned in the chatbox.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|