|This article or section requires a cleanup.|
Reason: Infobox values and version names must be verified
It does not meet the RuneScape Wiki's quality standards; you can this page to improve it.
18 (1)18 (2)18 (3)18 (4)30 (1)30 (2)30 (3)30 (4)43 (1)43 (2)43 (3)43 (4)43 (5)54 (1)54 (2)54 (3)54 (4)67 (1)67 (2)67 (3)67 (4)6778 (1)78 (2)78 (3)78 (4)91 (1)91 (2)91 (3)91 (4)102 (1)102 (2)102 (3)102 (4)114 (1)114 (2)114 (3)114 (4)126 (1)126 (2)126 (3)138 (1)138 (2)78 (5)78 (6)78 (7)78 (8)91 (5)91 (6)91 (7)91 (8)102 (5)102 (6)102 (7)102 (8)114 (5)114 (6)114 (7)114 (8)126 (4)126 (5)126 (6)138 (3)
|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|3 / 2 / 1|
|1||? (edit)||Creatures of Daemonheim|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The Skeletal Horde is a Dungeoneering boss, composed of a collection of skeletons, that can be encountered during several Dungeoneering floors. These floors range from the first and second set of Abandons; floors 12-17 and floors 30-35.
The fight[edit | edit source]
The boss consists of several skeletons of varying levels, with skeletons spawning anywhere with a combat level of 18 to 138. The skeletons are basically the same as those encountered in a standard Dungeoneering room, except these skeletons don't have any drops, ignore the effects of the shadow silk hood (as the fight would become extremely easy) and possess half as much health compared to other skeletons.
The boss arena has five tunnel entrances, which skeletons continually pour out of. Simply kill the skeletons until the Divine Skinweaver states a random phrase regarding the status of the tunnels. Kills cannot be stored, so simply close each tunnel as the skinweaver comments on them. If the player attempts to close a tunnel but the skinweaver hasn't told the team that it's ready to be closed, then the unstable magic coming from the tunnel will deal massive damage to the player who attempted to close it.
Players will be healed if they stay on the platform with the Divine Skinweaver. She heals faster the longer the player stays on the platform. Only one player can be healed at a time. If you stand under the Divine Skinweaver, she will not be able to heal you.
When all tunnels and skeletons have been dealt with, talking to the skinweaver ends the encounter.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Soloing this boss is quite easy. Kill the skeletons as they appear, using protection prayers if needed.
As soloing will make you encounter less high levelled skeletons, if any appear, kill them immediately as they can expend food supplies and deal heavy damage, potentially causing death. If you are low on health, run to the platform the skinweaver is on to heal yourself, but eat if needed, as even with her healing, you can still end up dying.
Doing it in a large party can be quite challenging. High level skeletons will spawn out of the tunnels, and players may need to constantly teleport out/heal themselves at the platform. The skinweaver is only able to heal one person at a time, so the person with lowest health should be on the platform while the others deal with the skeletons.
Ranged and magic attacks are recommended as you can kill skeletons while being healed by the skinweaver. If you are meleeing, ensure that auto-retaliate is off if you wish to stay near the skinweaver to heal.
Level table[edit | edit source]
Note: The skeletons can be weak to any of the four magic elements, crush, or thrown weapons.
|Combat level||Life points||Max hit|
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Novite full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bathus full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Marmaros full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kratonite full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Fractite full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Zephyrium full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Argonite full helm||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Katagon full helm (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gorgonite full helm (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Promethium full helm (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Primal full helm (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Divine skinweaver's journal||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Dungeoneers will no longer have to wait for skeletons to finish dying before progressing when facing the Divine Skinweaver boss in the abandoned floors.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The skeletons in the Divine Skinweaver boss room now display 100% lifepoints when spawned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Skeletal Horde is one of the few Dungeoneering bosses that is not immune to poison, along with the Unholy cursebearer and Sagittare.
- If there are no players within range of a skeleton, the skeleton in question will wander around until it's attacked or a player gets into its range. This makes the Skeletal Horde possibly the only boss which has a chance of not attacking a player.
- It is impossible to get the dungeoneering title "Double K.O." for this boss, because the system counts talking to the Divine Skinweaver, after blocking all tunnels and killing all skeletons, as "defeating the boss".
- The skeletal mages appear to be wearing robes with the symbol of Iban.
- This is the only boss group that has decreased health for the units.
- All skeletons in the horde have half life points compared to outside the horde.
- Each skeleton used to award 53 or 54 experience a kill but this was removed as players could auto-retaliate at the healing platform against the unlimited horde.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|