|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|The eyes! THE EYES!|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|8 / 5 / 2|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|NPC ID||9725, 9739|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The fight[edit | edit source]
There are four Pillars of light, each in a corner of the room. It is necessary to light at least one pillar, or the Night-gazer will be completely invincible. The more pillars that are lit, the more damage can be dealt onto the boss. The pillars go out occasionally (very often if Night-gazer uses the special attack, and more often as more players are in the team), so it is beneficial to have a teammate standing next to each pillar during the fight. However, standing near a pillar of light (2 spaces or less away) when it goes out will deal over 1000 typeless damage. The pillars will stay lit longer if the player is soloing the dungeon.
There are two stages in this boss battle. When the Night-gazer dies the first time, it will heal to full health and players will have to kill it a second time to finally defeat it. However, in this second stage, the Night-gazer will have a lower combat level and the pillars will remain lit for the duration of the fight, lighting themselves if they were unlit previously. It is initially immobile, but it hovers in the air in its second form, allowing it to move around the room.
Night-gazer attacks primarily with magic, consisting of its main eye firing out a glowing yellow orb at all players in the room. It also uses a ranged attack in which it squirts some of its "eye goo" at all players in the room. Night-gazer may use an attack where it jumps up in the air and spins in a circle, launching its ranged attack at all players. This has a chance of draining run energy by 30 percent. Both the magic and ranged attack target all players in the room.
The Night-gazer has a powerful special attack where it jumps into the air with a bluish sphere around it. This must be avoided by quickly running away because it will deal upwards of 8,500 typeless damage to any player still standing next to it when it lands. This powerful move is only triggered if a player is within melee range of the Night-gazer, meaning that ranged and magic users will not encounter it. Resonance will not heal from this attack.
Levels[edit | edit source]
|Level (2nd Form)||Life points (2nd Form)|
|16 (16)||6,000 (6,000)|
|26 (26)||9,500 (9,500)|
|138 (138)||49,500 (49,500)|
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Novite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bathus plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Marmaros plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kratonite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Fractite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Zephyrium plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Argonite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Katagon plateskirt (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gorgonite plateskirt (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Promethium plateskirt (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Primal plateskirt (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Stalker notes (part 2)||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The extension on Khighorahk's left appears to be the optic nerve of a Stalker spawn described in Stalker notes (part 2).
- Before the Evolution of Combat, Night-gazer Khighorahk was one of the lowest levelled monsters that could deal a massive amount of damage to players. Even being the lowest combat level (38 was the lowest before EoC), it could still deal around 700 damage with the special attack, and only bosses like Nex could surpass that amount of damage.
- The Seeker of Truth from the quest Salt in the Wound is identical to the Night-gazer, implying that a stalker's physical appearance may be replicated.
- It is possible for this boss to move out of its spot, but will be bound to the spot it moved to only during the first phase.
- It makes the same sound effects as the other Stalkers (with the exception of Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz) when dying and being dealt damage.
- Defeating the first form of Night-gazer Khighorahk with Retribution will award the Double KO title.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|
|Characters mentioned in the letters|