|Release||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|It's hard to determine if the rammernaut controls the eye, or vice versa.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|35 / 23 / 11|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Dreadnaut is a boss monster encountered on the Warped floors who requires level 95 Dungeoneering to encounter. He is the former captain of the Rammernaut guard, Hoskins, who has been corrupted by the tainted magic that affects the Warped floors due to their closeness to The Rift. His maul and shield have fused with the flesh in his arms, his mouth has become row of spiked tendrils, he has grown a lump on his back, and an eye has emerged on his shield.
He requested several unusual items from command, including 20 Bovimastyx, 200 rotten bouldabass, 100 human carcasses, and 10 salve sacks of bones. However, the resource requisition orders were childishly written, barely legible, and coated in a strange jelly-like substance. These, along with the unusual nature of the requested items themselves, prompted the request to be forwarded to the new head of guard for disciplinary action. Two Brutes were sent to meet with Hoskins, but were killed by him as they argued about whether he was still their leader or not.
The fight[edit | edit source]
His main method of attack is meleeing a player with his maul. His melee attack is always followed by a ranged attack - an orange blob launched at players - a tick (sometimes simultaneously) later, which is fired at all players in range.
His special attacks consists of him spawning orange blobs on the ground that may appear when he melees a player. They last for a while and deal typeless damage and drain prayer points and Defence levels if stood on. He can point his eye-shield at a player and emit a red beam, dealing typeless or ranged damage and disabling protection prayers and deflection curses for a few seconds.
If his target continuously runs away from him, staying out of melee range and preventing him from attacking, he will say "You can't run forever!", emitting a multi-targeted scream attack that lowers damaged players' attack, magic, and ranged levels.
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Novite platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bathus platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Marmaros platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kratonite platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Fractite platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Zephyrium platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Argonite platebody||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Katagon platebody (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gorgonite platebody (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Promethium platebody (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Primal platebody (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Resource requisition orders||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- The 'Dreadnaut' music track now unlocks as expected upon entering the Dreadnaut boss room for the first time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text refers to his shield, which has mutated into an eye.
- The Dreadnaut is in fact Rammernaut Hoskins, the captain of the Rammernaut Guard, as stated on the Equipment requisition receipts and Resource requisition orders. He has been warped by the tainted magic of The Rift.
- In Dreadnaut's room, if a player looks in the map the ladder has the red lines of a door rather than a ladder.
- Sometimes before fighting Dreadnaut, there are two level 117 brutes standing nearby trying to talk to him. Both brutes talk back and forth saying that something isn't right before Dreadnaut kills them for 1170 damage each. The brutes will drop bones that are exactly the same item as those found in the overworld.
- It used to be possible to safe-spot Dreadnaut with magic or ranged. Using gatestones, players could trap him behind the boxes in the room and safe-spot him. The boxes have since been removed.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|