||20 November 2012 (Update)
||10.2 seconds (17 ticks)
|Fire a precise shot.
- 125-219% ability damage after 1.8s.
- Channeled[sic] attack.
- Disable protection prayers on target in PvP.
|Infobox • Talk page
Snipe is a basic Ranged ability. It requires level 5 Ranged to use. It only deals damage after 2.4 seconds, although it hits consistently well for a basic due to its high minimum hit.
When used, the player will channel the ability for 1.8 seconds; once the channel is finished, the player will deal 125-219% ability damage provided that the target is still in range - an average of 172%. Using another ability, moving, or the target moving out of range before the channel is complete will prevent the ability's damage. Either way, the player will retain the Adrenaline generated. In PvP scenarios, the targeted player will have their protective/deflect prayers disabled for 5.4 seconds.
Equipping nightmare gauntlets increases the player's hit chance by 25% when using Snipe, and allows the player to move around without interrupting the ability.
Snipe is of high tactical value at tormented demons, which change protection prayers after 3,100 damage from one combat style. Any hit that passes the 3,100 mark will still hit for full damage, so Snipe can be used to far exceed that cap before switching from Ranged to another combat style.
Players without level 5 Ranged have access to Lesser Snipe instead, which automatically upgrades to Snipe upon reaching level 5 Ranged.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 14 March 2022 (Update):
- The Havoc, Snipe and Dragon Breath abilities can now be used to temporarily disable Akrisae the Doomed's prayers.
- patch 29 March 2021 (Update):
- The time you can perform an Ability after using Snipe is now correct.
- This removed the ability to "three-tick snipe."
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Snipe will no longer perform auto-attacks while channelling if the player clicks on their opponent again.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- Bows overridden with crossbows will no longer appear to fire an arrow in the animation for Snipe.
- patch 27 January 2014 (Update):
- Snipe and Snapshot's tooltips have been updated to match the recent rebalance.
- update 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Snipe will now fire after 1.8 seconds (reduced from 3 seconds) and has had its damage adjusted to be lower but more reliable. It now deals 125%-166% weapon damage (previously 100%-210%).