Resourceful is a tier 2 aura available as part of the Members Loyalty Programme and can be purchased from Xuan or Solomon's General Store for 23,000 Membership Loyalty Points.
This aura gives the following benefits:
- A 10% chance to not deplete a resource when woodcutting when gaining items from them.
- +2% geode chance when mining.
- 10% chance to give an additional red/crystal-flecked sandstone which does not contribute towards the daily limit.
It is activated for an hour and has a recharge time of three hours. Also, as with all auras, if the account using it is logged out while the aura is activated, the timer will continue to run.
The aura can only activate when the resource is about to be depleted. For example, consider a tree where each time a log is gained, there is a 20% chance that the tree is felled (depleted). When this check succeeds, the aura provides a 10% chance that the depletion will be ignored, and the tree will continue providing logs as if nothing happened. Mining rocks (and trees that provide just one log) simply provide an extra resource when the aura activates.
The aura can only trigger once per resource point, unless the user changes to another resource point.
Note that red sandstone and crystal-flecked sandstone effectively count as 50 (or 25) rocks in a row, so the effect can trigger multiple times without changing rock. Thus using the aura gives an average 11.11% increase to the amount of sandstone that can be mined each day.
The refined perk provides the same effect for woodcutting, both the perk and the aura can trigger on one tree (in fact, the perk can trigger multiple times with or without the aura).
The aura is effective on the following resources:
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The resourceful aura examine has been updated to correctly match what it does.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Resourceful aura now increases the chance to find geodes when mining and increases the chance to get double ore when mining sandstone.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the 10% chance not to deplete a resource also applied to mining.