Yew trees are one of a variety of trees that are interactive scenery found in various places. Players with level 60 Woodcutting can chop a yew tree to obtain 175 experience and yew logs, which are used in Fletching or Firemaking. The respawn rate of yew trees is 1 minute and 29 seconds. As with all trees above normal trees and achey trees, yews can yield multiple logs when chopped. Yew trees are marked with a rare tree mark on the mini-map.
Yew trees can be found in these locations:
Infernal Source Dig Site bank is extremely close to a single yew tree, with another two scattered around Jolly Boar Inn. Three yew trees are a short distance northwest of the Lumbridge Market bank chest. Three yews on the north edge of Varrock Palace is also popular due to proximity with Grand Exchange.
For members, alternative spots include west of Catherby bank, south of Seers' Village, and in Tree Gnome Stronghold (with a spirit tree to Grand Exchange).
- ^ Number of logs obtained per successful action.
- ^ Only rolled when successfully cutting a log while Sana's fyrtorch is used.
- Bird's nests have a chance of falling out of this tree.
At level 24 Hunter, wearing a strung rabbit foot gives a better chance of getting a drop.
At level 80 Woodcutting, wearing a tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 300%.
At level 80 Woodcutting, wearing a superior tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 400%.
Initial in-game appearance of Yew tree from Unknown date (edit) Unknown year (edit) (Unknown update (edit))
Appearance of Yew tree after Unknown date (edit) Unknown year (edit) (Unknown update (edit))
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 16 October 2017 (Update):
- Yew trees are now correctly marked as non-members in the Woodcutting skill guide.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- The top of a yew tree in the Lumbridge church graveyard is no longer hidden by the 'Remove Roof' setting.
- patch 19 September 2012 (Update):
- A yew tree has been returned to a certain training spot in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- A yew tree is a coniferous tree, similar to a pine tree. Previous graphic models in RuneScape looked more like broad-leaved trees.
- A strong yew could be found in Lumbridge Swamp, which provides a shortcut for members to the western shores of Al Kharid. Strong trees cannot be cut. With the update on 15 February 2011, the tree looks more like a giant dead tree and has been renamed to strong tree.
- On 4 April 2011, all trees from Falador's south entrance to Rimmington received a graphical update, including yew trees. These trees also gained a 10% higher chance of receiving a bird's nest. Additionally, another yew tree was added south of the cabbage farm, next to the already-existing yew tree.
- In real life yew trees are sometimes found in graveyards, planted next to the entrances. This was done to keep cattle and deer out of the graveyard as yew trees (including the wood, leaves, and berries) are all toxic, and animals keep away from them.
- When elder trees were released, one of the 4 yew trees near Rimmington was replaced with an elder tree.
- Most yew trees are cut from the trunk, but in Prifddinas, the yew trees are cut from branches that stick out of the trunk into the city's platform.
- Yew trees found inside Zanaris still use the old models, whilst elsewhere they have been updated.
Yew trees behind Varrock Palace
Players in Catherby chopping yew trees
The choppable yew tree found in the elven city of Prifddinas
A yew tree in Runescape 2