|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Logs||Oak logs (122 coins)|
|Examine||A beautiful old oak.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Oak trees require level 15 Woodcutting to chop down. They are quite common, and you can find them in many places. Oak trees are easy to chop, give multiple oak logs before being cut down, and grow back quickly, taking 13 seconds to respawn.
Oak logs cut from these trees can be used to make oak planks, and these planks are very useful for training Construction. As a result chopping oak trees has become a fair source of income for both low-level to high-levelled players, who may chop these trees to sell the logs at the Grand Exchange for a fair amount of coins.
They are the lowest level common type of tree capable of giving more than one log before being cut down. However, the absolute lowest level tree that gives multiple logs is the rare scrapey tree, and normal trees can be affected by the influence of Leprechaun's magic or a Seer's headband to give multiples also.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Good locations to cut down oak trees include:
- South-west of Varrock west bank
- Draynor Village just east of the bank
- Between Falador and Draynor Manor (near the east wall of Falador)
- Near Draynor jail (further to the east)
- North of Falador
- Lumbridge right around the castle
- For members, around the Seers' Village bank
- Tree Gnome Stronghold, near the south bank
- Catherby just west of the bank
It is also possible to chop oaks near the Champions' Guild with good bank access, as there are a large amount of them nearby and you can utilise the River Lum's canoe system. If you have 33 quest points and are a member you can go into the Champions' Guild and use the trap door, there is a deposit chest down there.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Oak trees were decorated with lanterns for the 15 Year Anniversary Celebrations, which remained even after the event ended.