Members Loyalty Programme
The Members Loyalty Programme was released on 28 June 2011. It was first announced in the Behind the Scenes of June 2011. Loyalty Points are an additional reward for being a Member of RuneScape. Players who had pending or existing subscriptions would receive Loyalty Points for their remaining days of membership but would not earn these points for the days before the actual update. On the release date of the Loyalty Programme, players were given a discount on most items in the Loyalty Programme Shop for a limited amount of time.
Loyalty Points can be spent on a various range of rewards, including emotes, costumes, and items for the Aura slot. All rewards are simply cosmetic, with the exception of the auras, which enhance gameplay in many different aspects, and the wicked pouch, which can store pure essence and teleport players to teleport to the Wizards' Tower and runecrafting altars (player must "feed" a talisman or tiara before they can teleport to the corresponding altar). Concurrent members accumulate points at a higher rate than players who only subscribe occasionally, so the most loyal players can earn their rewards faster. Items, emotes, costumes, colour changes, and titles can be bought from Solomon's General Store, Xuan east of the Warriors' Guild in Burthorpe or in Varrock Square, Dilwyn in the Tower of Voices within the Elven City of Prifddinas, or Wafa in the centre of the Merchant district in Menaphos.
In 2011, there was a 12 Days of Christmas event between 25 December 2011 and 5 January 2012, during which players were able to earn 500 Loyalty Points on each day that they logged into a members' world for a total of 6,000 points on each of the 12 days.
The shop was updated on 3 September 2013 and merged with Solomon's General Store, allowing some items from both stores to be purchased with the other's currency. The gazes and clothing were changed into cosmetic overrides. The only items that could be purchased from Xuan were auras, outfits, and the ability to re-colour items.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Loyalty Points accrue more quickly the longer a player has membership. For the first month, players receive 500 points. The next month, they will get 3,000, then 5,000 the next, followed by 7,000. From there, it increases by 1,000 per month to finally, after a year's continuous subscription, stop at 15,000 points per month. There is a seven day grace period during which a player can subscribe and maintain the same rate, after which the rate will drop to the amount from two months ago (e.g. if a player subscribes for six months and then waits ten days to resubscribe, the rate at which they will accrue loyalty points will be equal to the rate earned at seven months of membership).
The following table shows how many points are earned when the player is a member for an 'x' amount of months.
|Points earned||Total points earned|
|2||3,000 + 1,500||5,000|
|3||5,000 + 2,500||12,500|
|4||7,000 + 2,500||22,000|
|5||8,000 + 2,500||32,500|
|6||9,000 + 5,000||46,500|
|7||10,000 + 5,000||61,500|
|8||11,000 + 6,000||78,500|
|9||12,000 + 7,000||97,500|
|10||13,000 + 8,000||118,500|
|11||14,000 + 9,000||141,500|
|12||15,000 + 15,000||171,500|
|13||15,000 + 15,000||201,500|
|14||15,000 + 15,000||231,500|
|15||15,000 + 15,000||261,500|
|16||15,000 + 15,000||291,500|
|17||15,000 + 15,000||321,500|
|18||15,000 + 20,000||356,500|
|19–23||5 × (15,000 + 15,000)||506,500|
|24||15,000 + 20,000||541,500|
The total points earned is without counting extra points that are given during events.
After the first 12 months, a member will receive 15,000 loyalty points a month. Every six months, this is increased to 20,000 loyalty points before returning to the normal amount of 15,000.
Auras[edit | edit source]
Auras improve gameplay in many different ways, including effects with Combat, Skills, and other benefits, while a few auras provide unique cosmetic looks. They all have a particle effect that glows when the aura is active. This particle effect does not show on a Free-to-play server. Most combat auras can only be used in PvM and would not work in PvP combat. With the exception of cosmetic auras, such as the Oddball aura and gazes, and the Desert pantheon aura, only one aura can be used at once.
Auras are equipped in the Aura slot and are activated by clicking Activate aura. All of them have an activation time, which shows how long they last, and a cooldown time, which shows how long it takes to be used again. This is clock time and still counts down even when logged out. If an activated aura is unequipped, it cannot be used it again until it is recharged. If an aura is lost, it can be reclaimed by Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa fully charged if it wasn't on cooldown. If an aura is lost while it is activated, it will go on cooldown when it is reclaimed.
In order to purchase a higher tier aura, all lower tier versions of that aura must be bought in order first. The auras can be bought from Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa in-game or from Solomon's General Store under the Auras section. To purchase all of the Members Loyalty Programme auras, it would cost the player 4,320,000 loyalty points.
Cosmetic auras[edit | edit source]
Unlike most auras, cosmetic auras only affect the appearance of a player. There is also no activation or cooldown time. There are 8 gaze auras that can be bought from Solomon's General Store under the Wardrobe section in the Effects subsection. They can be applied in the Customisation interface to make the player's eyes glow in various colours. To purchase all of the Members Loyalty Programme gazes, it would cost the player 144,000 loyalty points.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
There are 38 emotes that can be bought from Solomon's General Store under the Emotes section. They are used in the same way that all other emotes are used. To purchase all of the Members Loyalty Programme emotes, it would cost the player 223,782 loyalty points.
|Icon||Name||Cost (Loyalty Points)|
|Talk to the Hand||750|
|Head in the Sand||6,000|
|Crab Dance Transformation||9,984|
|Runescape Through the Ages||9,000|
Outfits[edit | edit source]
There are 12 outfits that can be bought from Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa in-game or from Solomon's General Store under the Wardrobe section in the Outfits subsection. All parts of the outfit are bought at once and can be changed to various colours. They can be worn as in-game items if claimed from Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa, or they can be worn as a cosmetic override in the Customisation interface. If an outfit is lost, it can be reclaimed by Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa. The outfits are for cosmetic appearance. Only the Dervish Outfit provides benefits; it provides protection from desert heat. To purchase all of the Members Loyalty Programme outfits, it would cost the player 44,000 loyalty points.
|Feathered serpent outfit||4,000|
Titles[edit | edit source]
Titles can appear before or after the username in the chatbox, and some titles depend on the player's gender. They can be used in both members and free worlds. The titles can be bought from Solomon's General Store under the Titles section. They can be applied in the Customisation interface. To purchase all of the Members Loyalty Programme titles, it would cost the player 732,864 loyalty points.
Loyalty points only[edit | edit source]
|Lord / Lady [Name]||1,000|
|Sir / Dame [Name]||1,000|
|Prince / Princess [Name]||15,000|
|Duke / Duchess [Name]||20,000|
|King / Queen [Name]||25,000|
|Emperor / Empress [Name]||30,000|
|Witch King / Witch Queen [Name]||50,000|
|The Awesome [Name]||50,000|
|[Name] the Magnificent||50,000|
|[Name] the Undefeated||50,000|
|[Name] the Strange||50,000|
|[Name] the Divine||50,000|
|[Name] the Fallen||50,000|
|[Name] the Warrior||50,000|
|[Name] the Thrifty||0|
|The Outrageous [Name]||4,608|
|The Mysterious [Name]||5,376|
|The Untouchable [Name]||5,760|
|[Name] the Handsome / the Beautiful||9,600|
|Mr / Mrs [Name]||5,760|
|Master / Miss [Name]||5,760|
|The Adorable [Name]||5,760|
Discontinued[edit | edit source]
|Duderino / Dudette [Name]||4,000||40||36|
|Big Cheese [Name]||25,000||-||-|
Colour changes[edit | edit source]
The ability to re-colour certain items can be bought from Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa in-game or from Solomon's General Store under the Services section in the Re-colours subsection. The colour of certain items can be changed to blue, red, green, or yellow by using them on Xuan, Dilwyn, or Wafa. Once coloured, the item becomes untradeable until it is changed back to its original colour. (The Full slayer helmet can be disassembled and put back together to restore it back to its normal colour.) To purchase all of the Members Loyalty Programme re-colours, it would cost the player 38,000 loyalty points.
|Name||Colour 1||Colour 2||Colour 3||Colour 4||Cost|
|Robin Hood hat||1,000|
|Staff of light||2,000|
|Full slayer helmet||4,000|
|Ring of stone||4,000|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Upgrading a favourited aura will now remove the older version from the favourited mini menu list.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- You will now be able to purchase and reclaim the physical versions of the Loyalty Point outfits from Xuan again.
- patch 28 September 2011 (Update):
- The new recoloured items from the Player Loyalty store are now worth the same amount as the non-recoloured versions on the deathkeep interface.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The next time users log in after they have registered to the Members Loyalty Programme, a box is displayed, asking the players if they would like to view the shop, giving the option of being teleported to the shop in Burthorpe or Varrock centre.
- On 6 September 2011, the mercenary leader, mercenary mage, mercenary ranger, and mercenary warrior were placed in north of Falador wearing items from the loyalty programme.
- For the first two weeks after the release of the Members Loyalty Programme, the prices for almost everything in the rewards shop were decreased. The prices of all auras except for Jack of trades were reduced to 400 loyalty points. The price of the Cat Fight emote was reduced to 100 loyalty points, and the prices of the Talk to the Hand, Shake Hands, and High Five emotes were reduced to 400 loyalty points. The price of the Dervish outfit was reduced to 100 loyalty points, and the prices of all the other outfits were reduced to 400 loyalty points. The price of the ability to re-colour a Pet rock was reduced to 100 loyalty points, and the price of the ability to re-colour a Robin hood hat was reduced to 400 loyalty points.
- It will take 5,502,646 points to unlock everything in the shop, assuming rewards aren't purchased when they are discounted. It would take a total of 185 months or 15.4 years to unlock everything in the shop, assuming membership is kept running the entire time and no additional points are received from promotional events. It would take a total of 132 months or 11 years to unlock everything in the shop, assuming the player purchases the Gold Premier Club yearly membership, which includes 150,000 loyalty points.
- The only non-English title currently available in Xuan's shop is "Wunderkind", which translates to "Child Prodigy" in German.
- The title Duderino could be a reference to the movie "The Big Lebowski", in which Jeff Bridges' character, Jeff Lebowski AKA The Dude, lists various things to call him, relating to the word "dude", including "duderino". It could also be a reference to the Simpsons. The character Ned Flanders says words that end in "idly" doodly" "rino" etc.
References[edit | edit source]
|Robin Hood hat|
|Staff of light|
|Full slayer helmet|
|Ring of stone|