Magic trees are rare trees that can be found in select members-only areas, and they are shown on the minimap by a rare tree mark - . Level 75 Woodcutting is required to chop down these trees, and each magic log gives 250 Woodcutting experience.
Magic trees can be found in these locations:
- Bird's nests have a chance of falling out of this tree.
At level 24 Hunter, wearing a strung rabbit foot gives a better chance of getting drop.
At level 80 Woodutting, wearing a tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 300%.
At level 80 Woodutting, wearing a superior tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 400%.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- A rogue magic tree near the Lumbridge windmill has been uprooted.
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- The sound of magic trees has been updated.
The previous graphics for magic trees.
Magic trees as they appear in Runescape Classic.
- Magic trees used to have a much louder, constant ambient sound. However, this was reduced because players complained that the sound was annoying.
- Magic trees are one of five trees to possess a constant animation, along with the Dramen tree, glowing trees, Arctic Pines, and Bloodwood trees.
- Magic trees can be seen on free-to-play world; however, they can only be seen through an Orb of Oculus while standing just south of the mage training area.
- With the update on 13 May 2007, Magic trees are much taller, and seem to have a curved trunk.
- Magic trees were originally blue in colour years ago, much like the colour of magic bows now, until changed to have green leaves with the "sparkle effect". When the trees were changed from blue, the bark was also much darker and straight instead of curved. They are blue once again.
- When you drop the logs, they are animated with the sparkle effect.
- Although the inside of a magic log is blue, the inside of a magic trunk is not.
- Magic trees look strikingly similar to regular trees in Runescape Classic.
- When grown in a farming patch, magic trees looked the same prior to the graphical update until they are fully grown.
- Unlike other trees which leave behind stumps bearing the same name of the tree, magic trees simply leave behind a "Tree Stump".
- When using a farming patch, the newer looking magic tree will have the same ambient sounds as the older magic trees had.
- Despite its name, it is currently unknown just what magical properties the tree might have aside from the visual sparkling.
- Unlike other magic trees, the trees in Prifddinas are not cut from the trunk; instead, players cut branches off the trees that stick out from the trunks.
- The respawn rate for magic trees does not depend on world population and will always respawn in 3 minutes.