Willow trees require level 30 Woodcutting to chop down. They usually give more than one set of willow logs before being cut down. Willow trees are found near almost any body of water on RuneScape. They are commonly found by rivers, lakes, and oceans.
Willow trees have the highest chance of giving a bird's nest.
Willow trees can be found in these locations:
- ^ Number of logs obtained per successful action.
- ^ Only rolled when successfully cutting a log while Sana's fyrtorch is used.
- Bird's nests have a chance of falling out of this tree.
At level 24 Hunter, wearing a strung rabbit foot gives a better chance of getting a drop.
At level 80 Woodcutting, wearing a tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 300%.
At level 80 Woodcutting, wearing a superior tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 400%.
Initial in game appearance of Willow tree from Unknown date edit Unknown year edit (Unknown update edit)
Appearance of Willow tree after Unknown date edit Unknown year edit (Unknown update edit)
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- A Willow tree near the Tower of Life has had their branches surgically re-attached.
- patch 11 June 2013 (Update):
- A canopy on a Willow tree near Seer's Village has been fixed.
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- Gardeners were not offering to chop down willow trees that had grown branches.
- A farmed willow tree would look larger, and "rounder" than regular willow trees before the graphic update. This may have been due to the fact that the developers did not wish to take the time to create a special growth sequence for the willow tree and simply added a different texture to the sequence used by the Maple and Oak trees for example.
- Willow trees respawn in roughly 12-13 seconds.
- During Enlightened Journey, if a player attempts to cut branches from regular willow trees, the game claims that the "branches are too gnarled to cut".
- On the second to last stage of growing a willow tree, you can see through the top of it (highest elevated camera angle).
- Before the update, there were 3 types of willow trees: One tree had 3 tufts of leaves, another had 4 tufts of leaves, and a player-grown willow looked similar to an evergreen tree.
- There used to be 6 willow trees northwest of Lumbridge, but they were removed due to the Battle of Lumbridge.
- Willow trees, along with most other commonly found trees, have been graphically updated. Since 17 August 2011 the graphical update was applied to trees in Lumbridge, Falador and Varrock.