|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Logs||Willow logs (351 coins)|
• These trees are found near water.
• A droopy tree.
A fully grown Willow tree.
|Infobox • Talk page|
Willow trees require level 30 Woodcutting to chop down. They usually give more than one set of willow logs before being cut down. Willow trees are found near almost any body of water on RuneScape. They are commonly found by rivers, lakes, and oceans.
Willow trees have the highest chance of giving a bird's nest, which can be crushed to make a crushed nest, worth 7,921 coins. Although not a reliable method of money, this can gain you some extra cash. The nests may also contain a seed, the most profitable being a rare palm tree seed, worth 27,846 coins.
Tree locations[edit | edit source]
|Misthalin||South of Draynor Village marketplace||No||5||Next to Draynor Village bank, near the river|
|Misthalin||East of Lumbridge Castle||No||1||N/A|
|Misthalin||North of Lumbridge Crater, surrounding the small pond||No||3||N/A|
|Misthalin||North of the eastern chicken farm in Lumbridge, south of the hops patch||No||3||N/A|
|Misthalin||East of the Champions' Guild||No||2||If unlocked, the bank chest at May's Quest Caravan (members only) is very close by|
|Misthalin||South of the South-east Varrock mining site, south of the small pond||No||2||N/A|
|Misthalin||One on each side of the River Lum, east of Edgeville||No||2||The northern tree is close to Edgeville bank|
|Asgarnia||East of The Rusty Anchor in Port Sarim||No||4||There is a deposit box near the boat to Entrana|
|Asgarnia||South of the jail in Port Sarim||No||10||N/A|
|Asgarnia||South-east of Rimmington, west of Port Sarim jail, near the shore||No||9||There is a deposit box (locker) in the Customs Office after starting the Rocking Out quest. This is the closest deposit area to willow trees in game.|
|Asgarnia||North of the Crafting Guild||No||5||There is a bank chest at the Clan Camp relatively close by|
|Asgarnia||North-west of the Dark Wizards' Tower, south of Nora T. Hagg's house||No||6||N/A|
|Daemonheim||Daemonheim Peninsula resource dungeon||No||6||30 Dungeoneering is required to access the island|
|Asgarnia||In the north-east on the island of Entrana||Yes||15||Entrana does not allow any weapons, so a hatchet should be placed on the tool belt|
|Kandarin||In the garden of Sinclair Mansion||Yes||1||N/A|
|Kandarin||South-west of Catherby bank||Yes||5||Very close to Catherby bank|
|Kandarin||North-west of Seers' Village bank||Yes||6||Close to Seers' Village bank|
|Kandarin||North of Seers' Village, east of the hops patch, near the bridge||Yes||5||N/A|
|Kandarin||North of Galahad's house, west of McGrubor's Wood||Yes||7||N/A|
|Kandarin||North of the Coal truck mining site, west of McGrubor's Wood||Yes||14 ||N/A|
|Kandarin||Tree Gnome Stronghold Hunter area, north of the Tree Gnome Stronghold||Yes||8||N/A|
|Kandarin||Barbarian Outpost, beside the entrance to Barbarian Assault||Yes||8||There is a bank chest inside the main outpost building|
|Kandarin||East of the Fishing Guild, south of Hemenster||Yes||9||N/A|
|Kandarin||East of the Combat Training Camp, north of the Chaos Druid Tower||Yes||4||N/A|
|Kandarin||East of the Gnome Stronghold Agility Course||Yes||1||N/A|
|Kandarin||South-west corner of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, near the Terrorbird pen||Yes||8||N/A|
|Kandarin||North of the Charm sprites hunter area, near the small body of water||Yes||1||N/A|
|Kandarin||East of the Legends' Guild||Yes||5||N/A|
|Kandarin||Near the village of Witchaven and the Legends' Guild mining site||Yes||16||N/A|
|Kandarin||North of the Tower of Life, south of East Ardougne, near the shore||Yes||7||East Ardougne's south bank is close by|
|Kandarin||Surrounding the Necromancer Tower||Yes||5||N/A|
|Kandarin||North-east of Castle Wars, near the bridge||Yes||7||Close to the bank chest inside the Castle Wars lobby|
|Kandarin||West of Tree Gnome Village, near the riverbank of the River Dougne||Yes||13||N/A|
|Kandarin||South-west of the Battlefield, south-east of the Ourania Cave||Yes||10||N/A|
|Kandarin||South of Yanille, east of the crystal tree||Yes||5||N/A|
|Feldip Hills||East of the ogre Rantz and his cave||Yes||1||N/A|
|Feldip Hills||South-east of Rantz, near the ogre boat||Yes||4||N/A|
- ^ 2 trees are located on an inaccessible island.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
Main[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
Nests loot table[edit | edit source]
- Bird's nests have a chance of falling out of this tree.
At level 24 Hunter, wearing a strung rabbit foot gives a better chance of getting drop.
At level 80 Woodutting, wearing a tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 300%.
At level 80 Woodutting, wearing a superior tree-shaking scrimshaw will increase the chance by 400%.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Bird's nest (ring) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bird's nest (seeds 1) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bird's nest (raven egg) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bird's nest (red egg) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bird's nest (blue egg) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bird's nest (green egg) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- A Willow tree near the Tower of Life has had their branches surgically re-attached.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A farmed willow tree would look larger, and "rounder" than regular willow trees before the graphic update. This may have been due to the fact that the developers did not wish to take the time to create a special growth sequence for the willow tree and simply added a different texture to the sequence used by the Maple and Oak trees for example.
- Willow trees respawn in roughly 12-13 seconds.
- During Enlightened Journey, if a player attempts to cut branches from regular willow trees, the game claims that the "branches are too gnarled to cut".
- On the second to last stage of growing a willow tree, you can see through the top of it (highest elevated camera angle).
- Before the update, there were 3 types of willow trees: One tree had 3 tufts of leaves, another had 4 tufts of leaves, and a player-grown willow looked similar to an evergreen tree.
- There used to be 6 willow trees northwest of Lumbridge, but they were removed due to the Battle of Lumbridge.
- Willow trees, along with most other commonly found trees, have been graphically updated. Since 17 August 2011 the graphical update was applied to trees in Lumbridge, Falador and Varrock.