Reckless is a tier 3 aura that boosts the player's Ranged level by 10% but reduces their Defence level by 15%. This aura can be bought from War's Wares for 25,000 Marks of War. Prior to the War's Retreat update, the aura cost 50,000 Loyalty points.
The aura has no effect when used in the Wilderness, but, unlike other auras, it can be used in some player versus player situations. It will automatically be deactivated when entering the red portal of Clan Wars or the Wilderness.
When activated, the aura will apply the following five effects:
- An invisible 10% boost to the player's ranged damage; this does not stack with Death's Swiftness.
- An invisible 10% boost to the player's ranged accuracy; this is the same as the supreme sharpshooter auras.
- The player's Ranged level is increased by 10%. With an elder overload, this results in a Ranged level of 130. This visible stat boost persists for the entire duration of the aura and reapplies when stats are drained.
- The player receives 15% more melee, magic, ranged, and soft typeless damage. Hard typeless damage is unaffected.
- The player's Defence level is reduced by 15%.
The aura remains activated for 30 minutes and has a recharge time of five hours.
|Cost to extend (50%)
||20 Vis wax
|Cost to extend (100%)
||40 Vis wax
|Boosts your Ranged by 10% but reduces your Defence by 15%.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Reckless and Maniacal aura descriptions have been changed to reference it cannot be used in the wilderness
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker auras now work correctly alongside the overload timer.
- Before this update, the berserker auras' level boost did not stack with overloads, which meant that although the +10 level boost was applied upon the aura's initial activation, it decayed until only the overload's boost remained.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker, Maniacal and Reckless auras 15% additional damage taken can no longer be avoided.