Berserker is a tier 3 aura that boosts the player's Attack and Strength levels by 10% but reduces their Defence level by 15%. This aura can be bought from War's Wares for 25,000 Marks of War. Prior to the War's Retreat update, the aura cost 50,000 Loyalty points.
The aura has no effect when used in the Wilderness, but, unlike other auras, it can be used in some player versus player situations. It will automatically be deactivated when entering the red portal of Clan Wars or the Wilderness.
When activated, the aura will apply the following five effects:
- An invisible 10% boost to the player's melee damage; this does not stack with Berserk.
- An invisible 10% boost to the player's melee accuracy; this is the same as the Supreme brawler aura.
- The player's attack and strength levels are increased by 10%. With an elder overload, this results in Attack and Strength levels of 130. This visible stat boost persists for the entire duration of the aura and reapplies when stats are drained.
- The player receives 15% more melee, magic, ranged, and soft typeless damage. Hard, typeless damage is unaffected.
- The player's Defence level is reduced by 15%.
The aura remains activated for 30 minutes and has a recharge time of five hours.
|Cost to extend (50%)
||20 Vis wax
|Cost to extend (100%)
||40 Vis wax
|Boosts your Attack and Strength by 10% but reduces your Defence by 15%.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Drinking an Elder Overload potion and using a Berserker or Maniacal aura will now correctly boost combat stats to 130.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The damage modifiers from damage enhancing scrimshaws, Berserker auras and the Metamorphosis ability are now calculated earlier. This means that bosses phase correctly when they reach their HP threshold and mechanics that rely on damage to progress (such as Telos' tendrils or Vorago's pushback phases (Phase 5 - Normal Mode, Phase 10/11 - Hard Mode)) will now take the additional damage from the modifiers into the equation.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker auras will now reset the boosted stats on removal or log out, and a stat cap of 145 has been added when the auras are active.
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker auras now work correctly alongside the overload timer.
- Before this update, the berserker auras' level boost did not stack with overloads, which meant that although the +10 level boost was applied upon the aura's initial activation, it decayed until only the overload's boost remained.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker, Maniacal and Reckless auras 15% additional damage taken can no longer be avoided.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker aura effect can no longer stack with multiple activations.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- The Berserker aura now lasts for an increased amount of time with a lower defence reduction.
- After an update, the aura's duration was extended from ten minutes to 30, along with the aura holding its negative defence even with an overload in effect as it didn't before.