|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Ore||Mithril ore (465 coins)|
|This rock contains mithril ore.|
|talk • view|
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Mining level||30||Critical hit chance|
|Stone spirit||Mithril||Rockertunity multiplier|
|Durability||240||Double ore chance|
|Base ore||1||Geode chance|
|Varrock armour double chance||10%||15%|
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Abandoned Mine||1||Haunted Mine|
|Ancient Cavern mine||16||Begin the Firemaking section of Otto Godblessed's barbarian training|
|Desert Mining Camp cave||4||Tourist Trap|
|Dwarven Mine resource dungeon||4|
|Grand Tree mine||13||The Grand Tree|
|Jatizso dungeon mine||28||The Fremennik Isles|
|Keldagrim deep south mine||7||Started The Giant Dwarf|
|Legends' Guild south-west mine||3||None|
|Rellekka mine||5||The Fremennik Trials|
|Trahaearn mithril mine||6||Plague's End|
|Varrock south-east mine||3||None|
|Varrock south-west mine||3||None|
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Mithril stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||97||Not alchemisable|
|Sedimentary geode||1||Varies[d 2]||1||1|
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Mithril rocks were updated in March 2011 with the Lumbridge Swamp graphical rework, however they weren't updated in other areas until the release of 2011 Easter event. They were updated again with the release of Mining and Smithing rework in January 2019.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Some blocking next to a Mithril rock in the Trahaearn district has been removed to allow miners to move around the rock more easily.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Reduced level requirement to mine mithril to 30.
- Mithril rocks have been graphically updated.
31 January 2012 (
- Mining rocks and veins have been renamed using the respective ore names.
- update 19 April 2011 (Update):
- The graphical update to mining rocks released with the Lumbridge Swamp improvement has been applied across the rest of the game.
- update 15 March 2011 (Update):
- Mithril rocks have been graphically updated in Lumbridge Swamp.
- update 4 January 2001 (Update):
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mithril ore, like all other mined rocks, used to respawn at a rate indirectly proportional to the number of people in the rock's RuneScape world before the update on 13 March 2017.
- Mithril ore can also be called mithrite.
References[edit | edit source]