Maniacal is a tier 3 aura that boosts the player's Magic level by 10% but reduces their Defence level by 15%. This aura can be bought from War's Wares for 25,000 Marks of War.
The aura has no effect when used in the Wilderness, but, unlike other auras, it can be used in some player versus player situations. It will automatically be deactivated when entering the red portal of Clan Wars or the Wilderness.
When activated, the aura will apply the following five effects:
- An invisible 10% boost to the player's magic damage; this does not stack with Sunshine or Metamorphosis.
- An invisible 10% boost to the player's magic accuracy; this is the same as the Supreme runic accuracy aura's.
- The player's Magic level is increased by 10%. With an elder overload, this results in a Magic level of 130. This visible stat boost persists for the entire duration of the aura and reapplies when stats are drained.
- The player receives 15% more melee, magic, ranged, and soft typeless damage. Hard typeless damage is unaffected.
- The player's Defence level is reduced by 15%.
The aura remains activated for 30 minutes and has a recharge time of five hours.
|Cost to extend (50%)
||20 Vis wax
|Cost to extend (100%)
||40 Vis wax
|Boosts your Magic by 10% but reduces your Defence by 15%.
|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Drinking an Elder Overload potion and using a Berserker or Maniacal aura will now correctly boost combat stats to 130.
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Reckless and Maniacal aura descriptions have been changed to reference it cannot be used in the wilderness.
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker auras now work correctly alongside the overload timer.
- Before this update, the berserker auras' level boost did not stack with overloads, which meant that although the +10 level boost was applied upon the aura's initial activation, it decayed until only the overload's boost remained.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- The Berserker, Maniacal and Reckless auras 15% additional damage taken can no longer be avoided.
- patch 7 December 2015 (Update):
- Fixed a typo when receiving the maniacal aura.