|Release date||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Retaliation||Yes (maximum 64 life points)|
|Loot||Big bones and either tatty graahk fur or graahk fur|
|Examine||Get in a graahk's way and you're going to know about it... however briefly.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Horned graahks are creatures resembling large, spiked boars that can be caught at level 41 Hunter.
Hunting[edit | edit source]
To catch a horned graahk, the player must set up at least one pitfall trap, requiring one set of regular logs per trap. It is recommended to set at least two traps, as graahks can avoid the trap by jumping over them. If a graahk jumps over a trap, that trap can no longer be used to trap that specific graahk, so the player must lure them to a different trap.
Once the trap is built, the player must tease the graahk, requiring them to have a teasing stick in their inventory. The graahk will then become aggressive to the player, following them. The player should jump over a trap, and the graahk will follow. The graahk will either fall into the trap (after which the player can investigate the trap to loot the graahk), or jump over it.
Horned graahks use melee to damage the player when teased, and can hit a few hundred life points of damage per attack (as the horned graahk has a combat level of 50). For this reason, it is recommended for low- to mid-levelled players to bring a few pieces of food with them when hunting graahks.
When looted, the player receives graahk fur and big bones. Usually the player will get tatty graahk fur, though there is a chance (based on the player's Hunter level) that they will receive 'perfect' graahk fur instead.
Location[edit | edit source]
This area can be easily reached by walking west after using the fairy ring code CKR, or by running south of Brimhaven and Tai Bwo Wannai Village after using the lodestone network to teleport to Karamja. Another method of reaching them is by paying Hajedy in Brimhaven 10 coins to transport the player to Shilo Village, and then travelling west, although this requires completion of the Shilo Village quest.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Tatty graahk fur (m)||1||Always[d 1]||43||64|
|Graahk fur (m)||1||Always[d 1]||9,505||86|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to jump across a trap at the same time a horned graahk is crossing (or jumping over) a trap.
- More often than not, a horned graahk will suddenly lose interest in the player it is chasing after it jumps over a trap. Trying to tease it again results in the message "someone else is being chased by that". The graahk can be teased again once it resumes walking around idly.
- There is a graphical glitch that causes horned graahk to respawn with the spikes from a pitfall trap underneath it, showing even while it walks around. They eventually diminish after several minutes. This problem also occurs with the sabre-toothed kyatt and has yet to be fixed.
- A continuation of this glitch can also happen if a player jumps back over a spiked pit after jumping over it once (to lure the prey) right as the graahk is about to fall in. The beast will appear on the other side and walk over the pit without falling in or jumping over it, and will have spikes showing up around it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Horned graahks are apparently weak to crush, which can be seen if the combat tab is opened while under attack, despite being impossible to attack them.