Jump to navigation Jump to search
Salamanders are versatile, two-handed ranged weapons that act as two-handed crossbows. Salamanders may be obtained through net trapping and must be fuelled using a variety of herb tars made with the Herblore skill.
When you die or drop a salamander it runs away. In contrast, when a beast of burden holding any salamanders is dismissed or dies, the salamanders are dropped on the ground and can be picked up as items instead.
|Weapon (creature)||Hunter Level||Ranged Level||Damage||Ammo|
|Green salamander (hunter)||29||30||397||Guam tar|
|Orange salamander (hunter)||47||50||662||Marrentill tar|
|Red salamander (hunter)||59||60||795||Tarromin tar|
|Black salamander (hunter)||67||70||892||Harralander tar|
Yellow salamanders may also be caught through the Hunter skill, although these are not kept as a weapon once caught.
The combat bonuses for the weapons are as follows:
Salamanders may also be kept as livestock at Anachronia Dinosaur Farm, see Salamander (player-owned farm) for further detail.
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Increased Salamander tree click box.
- Salamanders now have a release all option.
- More Black salamanders and net trap hotspots have been added to the wilderness.
- A new, high level Yellow salamander has been added into the game. You can find them on the island.
- ninja 11 April 2016 (Update):
- Salamander tar production now uses the current pestle & mortar animation.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Dragging salamanders from the Worn Equipment screen will now release them as expected.
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- Attacking with a salamander's magic attack no longer claims every hit is a max hit.
- patch 8 April 2009 (Update):
- Improved the code for salamanders in combat; no behavioural changes that you’ll be able to notice.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the 17 January 2011 patch notes, salamanders had their idle animation stance updated.
- When moving around, a salamander becomes a one-handed weapon rather than a two-handed one.
- When salamanders were first released players would purchase them for 12,000 coins to upwards of 65,000 coins depending on the tier.
- When you attack with salamanders, you appear to be pulling their tail.
- When you are in the combat stance with a salamander, it is similar to holding a gun, or anything similar to that matter.