Shilo Village (location)
|Release date||27 January 2003 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Infobox • Talk page|
- 1 Getting there
- 2 Training spots
- 3 Shops
- 4 Slayer Master
- 5 Obelisk
- 6 Music
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Update history
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are six forms of transportation to Shilo Village: Vigroy's cart, the Lady of the Waves, fairy ring code CKR, Karamja gloves and juju teleport spiritbags, and the wicked hood (Nature Altar) .
Vigroy's cart[edit | edit source]
Players who have completed the Shilo Village quest may use the Shilo Village cart system, which is run by Vigroy at the Shilo Village end. For a price of 10 coins, he will take the player to Hajedy in Brimhaven. The reverse trip is also possible. This makes it easy for the player to access Shilo Village if they first use Catherby Lodestone, then travel the ship to Brimhaven or teleport to the Karamja Lodestone and then walk north until they get to the fruit tree patch and then east. Alternatively, if the player has planted a Spirit tree in the patch in Brimhaven, they could just walk north-west of it to reach the cart.
Lady of the Waves[edit | edit source]
Talk to the fishing shop owner, Seravel, upstairs from the Shilo fish shop to buy a ticket on the Lady of the Waves. It costs 25 coins, and the player can go to either Port Khazard or Port Sarim, by presenting the ticket to the boat west of the Shilo Village.
Fairy rings[edit | edit source]
The fairy ring CKR, south of Tai Bwo Wannai, can be used to reach Shilo Village, but you will have to walk around the south and enter by the east gate. One can use the tunnel on the north-western part of the Shilo Village borders, when the player has completed the Elite Karamja Tasks and achieved level 74 Agility, which is boostable.
The fairy ring CJS within the Kharazi Jungle (requires partial completion of both A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and Legends' Quest as well as 5 bittercap mushrooms in order to repair the ring if not already done). After teleporting, run west and exit the jungle north to reach Shilo Village.
Karamja gloves[edit | edit source]
Karamja gloves 3 provide a teleport to the underground part of the Shilo gem mine. This can also be used to reach Brimhaven by taking Vigroy's cart.
Juju teleport spiritbag[edit | edit source]
You can teleport to the Herblore Habitat area using a Juju teleport spiritbag. From there, you can climb over the vine to the north of Papa Mambo and walk in a western direction all the way to Mosol Rei. You can then right-click Mosol Rei and choose the enter-village option to enter Shilo Village.
Slayer cape[edit | edit source]
Gnome glider[edit | edit source]
Take a Gnome glider to the Gandius location (requires completion of The Grand Tree quest) and run west past the overgrown idol and then south until you reach a river with stepping stones which you must cross (you may fail the obstacle, however it does not require an Agility level). After successfully crossing the stones, run directly east to the broken cart that must be crossed to enter the village.
Training spots[edit | edit source]
There are several areas to train skills in Shilo Village:
The gem mine[edit | edit source]
After completing all of the Karamja Tasks up to hard difficulty, players may access a second gem mine found underneath Shilo Village. This mine contains 8 gem rocks, placed along the outside perimeter of the dungeon. Players may access this mine with the teleport function on their Karamja gloves 3 or by a ladder found near the surface gem mine. This also contains the entrance to the Gemstone cavern where gemstone dragons are found.
Common ways to deal with the gems are to cut opals, jades, and red topaz into bolt tips and keep the uncut sapphires, emeralds, rubies, and diamonds to bank and later sell. Another way is simply to fill up the inventory with uncut gems, bank, and go again. A gem bag is also useful - by cutting the semi-precious gemstones (opals, jades, red topaz) into bolt tips and adding the uncut precious gems to the bag, players can avoid banking for as long as possible. Gem bags are bought with Dungeoneering Tokens.
Furnace[edit | edit source]
Players can train Smithing by using the Shilo Village furnace directly across from the bank. It is the closest furnace to a bank in the game (9 squares).
Fishing spots[edit | edit source]
There are 3 Fishing spots in Shilo Village. At these fishing spots, fly fishing rods and feathers can be used to lure trout and salmon, or fishing rods and fishing bait can be used to catch Pike. Although these fishing spots are quite far apart from each other, fly fishing in Shilo Village is considered to be one of the fastest ways to train Fishing; see Pay-to-play Fishing training. Also at the fly fishing spots you can catch rainbow fish, this grants 80 xp per catch and is fast, all you need is a fly fishing rod and stripy feathers.
Combat[edit | edit source]
Shops[edit | edit source]
The shops in Shilo Village include a general store, fishing shop, and antique store.
Obli's general store[edit | edit source]
Obli's General Store sells everything that a normal general store sells, and more. The most notable things are the charcoal and papyrus, used in the Legends' Quest. It also sells packs of 50 vials, both filled with water and empty, which respawn very slowly. However, the maximum quantity in the shop is 20 packs of each, amounting to a total of 1000 vials.
Fernahei's fishing hut[edit | edit source]
Fernahei's Fishing Hut sells a small selection of fishing equipment: fishing rods, fly fishing rods, fishing bait, and feathers. When fly fishing the shop can be used to top up the used up feathers. Trout, pike, and salmon can also be sold to this shop.
Antique store[edit | edit source]
Yanni Salika owns the antique store in Shilo Village, and is also the starting point for the One Small Favour quest. He will trade players coins for several old quest items from both Shilo Village and Zogre Flesh Eaters.
Paramaya Inn[edit | edit source]
Kaleb Paramaya runs the Paramaya Inn in the northern part of the village. The inn has no use after RuneScape Classic, but Kaleb still sells wine and beer. Players also come here to claim their Karamja gloves 2 after completing the Medium Karamja Tasks.
Slayer Master[edit | edit source]
Shilo Village also contains the third highest level slayer master, Duradel.
Players with a combat level of 100, as well as a Slayer level of 50 can get Slayer assignments from the now third highest levelled Slayer Master Duradel. He is upstairs in the house that has the Slayer Master mark on it on the minimap. From the fishing shop go up the ladder and cross the bridge to get to Duradel.
Obelisk[edit | edit source]
Shilo Village contains a small obelisk on the west side of town for recharging Summoning points. Occasionally, Pikkenmix will appear by it and offer to let the player play Familiarisation, a summoning Distraction and Diversion. If Pikkupstix gives the clue: "I hope the villagers' defences hold against those zombies.", the D&D is started here.
Music[edit | edit source]
This is the list of music you'll hear in Shilo Village.
- Ambient Jungle
- Jungle Community
- Jungle Troubles
- Spooky Jungle
- Tribal Background
- Island Life
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Packs of feathers have been added to the Fishing shop in Shilo village.
- The ladder into the hidden gem mine in Shilo Village can now be descended while the player is carrying Karamja gloves 3 or 4 in their inventory - rather than needing to be equipped.
- patch 23 July 2018 (Update):
- Adjusted 'Blow a kiss between the tables in Shilo Village bank' clue scroll area.
- ninja 24 July 2017 (Update):
- The Blacksmith within Shilo Village has adopted a no-door policy.
- ninja 8 May 2017 (Update):.
- The 20gp fee for using the Shilo Village furnace has been removed.
- update 3 April 2017 (Update):
- Gemstone Dragons are ready and ripe for the slaying in RuneScape today. Face off against three varieties of these fearsome beasts, and pick up resplendent new gemstone armour. Head down beneath Shilo Village and find the new gemstone cavern, its entrance manned by Kelhar.
- ninja 8 May 2017 (Update):
- The 20gp fee for using the Shilo Village furnace has been removed.
- ninja 5 October 2015 (Update):
- A graphical issue resulting in the people in Shilo Village having patches of different shades of skin has been fixed.
- ninja 28 September 2015 (Update):
- ninja 11 May 2015 (Update):
- Some blocking on Shilo Village's jungle plants has been removed to make switching fishing spots easier.
- ninja 14 April 2014 (Update):
- The animation on the stepping stones east of Shilo Village have been updated.
- update 6 June 2012 (Update):
- The fishermen who teleport you to the competition are now permanently present, rather than appearing when a tournament is active. They’re also marked by a D&D icon, as well as a new, distinctive look, so they’re easy to spot. They can be found in multiple locations including, Shilo Village.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Mosol Rei now has a quick "Enter village" option to enter Shilo Village.
- patch 25 May 2011 (Update):
- A fast payment option has been added to the furnace door in Shilo Village.
- patch 12 October 2010 (Update):
- The elite Karamja Achievement Diary gloves now work properly with the ladder to the gem mine in Shilo Village.
- update 25 May 2010 (Update):
- We've added three more areas where NPCs can now appear and offer to teleport you to the Fish Flingers D&D. These locations are Piscatoris, Shilo Village and Barbarian Village.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- The bone key from Shilo Village can be obtained again if you destroyed it. Speak to Yanni for a replacement.
- update 8 December 2009 (Update):
- Kuradal, daughter of Duradel, left Shilo Village to experience the fullness of combat and surpass her peers in the art of Slayer. Years later, she has settled somewhere she would call "comfortable" - the Ancient Cavern!
- update 9 November 2009 (Update):
- A stepping stone Agility shortcut has been placed in Shilo Village requiring 74 Agility.
- patch May 2009 (Update):
- Added remove-roof functionality to a hut in Shilo Village that wasn't disappearing when you entered it.
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- A Fishing spot previously inaccessible is now available once more near Shilo Village.
- update 26 January 2005 (Update):
- Today we have introduced a new skill for members called the Slayer skill! To start the Slayer skill, you should find one of the Slayer Masters who are located in various places around RuneScape. There are five Slayer Masters in total, each catering to different strengths. They can be found in Burthorpe, Morytania, Edgeville Dungeon, Zanaris, and Shilo Village.
- patch 25 March 2004 (Update):
- Fixed: The shilo village bridge didn't show up on low detail mode.
- patch 3 March 2004 (Update):
- Fixed: The gallows from the Shilo village had disapeared.
- update 27 January 2003 (Update):
- Rumours of a distant village in the southern part of Karamja Island have been filtering through. It appears that the mysterious Jungle island still holds a lot of potential adventure.