Skillchompas are chinchompas that are used for skilling instead of combat. They are caught with Hunter using box traps, or collected as produce at the player owned farm, and are wielded in the main hand slot when used to train skills. They can be used for Divination, Fishing, Mining, and Woodcutting. Skillchompas require a level in the specific skill to be used in that skill.
Up to six skillchompas can be caught per trap, which scales with Agility level and cannot be boosted. From specific Agility levels, multiple skillchompas are always caught per trap. Experience used to be granted for each skillchompa caught, but in the Hunter Modernisation update in July 2019, this is no longer the case.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Skillchompas act as tools of specific metals for Woodcutting, give increased critical damage when Mining, give an increased chance of success when Fishing and an increased chance of harvesting an enriched memory when training Divination.
For all skills except Mining, actions done with a skillchompa consume one, regardless of the success of the action. Skillchompas grant an additional 10% experience on successful completion of an action, and grant experience equivalent to 5% of having successfully completed an action each time an action is attempted unsuccessfully.
For Mining, skillchompas are used alongside a pickaxe and are consumed when a critical hit is performed, dealing extra damage to the rock. They provide no extra direct experience.
Attempting to use one in combat will not use up the skillchinchompa; instead the player will move forth and punch.
- ^ For guaranteed multiple skillchompas per trap
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Increase the maximum possible number of skillchompas per trap from four to six.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Skillchompas can be used in addition to a mining pick, and increase the damage dealt by critical swings.
- patch 21 May 2018 (Update):
- Carrying skillchompas will no longer cause a disconnect when mining the rubble during In aid of the Myreque.
- patch 4 September 2017 (Update):
- Skillchompas no longer mention pickaxes in the Woodcutting skill guide.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- Skillchompas now give the correct amount of XP when used from the backpack while woodcutting.